Water Meters

Think we pay almost £50 currently flat rate, 10 months so expect it going up when I start paying again in April or May whenever it is.

I need to check the bill really. We did the online calculator previously and it wasn't worth the minimal savings.

Think we pay almost £50 currently flat rate, 10 months so expect it going up when I start paying again in April or May whenever it is.

I need to check the bill really. We did the online calculator previously and it wasn't worth the minimal savings.
If it’s marginal not worth it. They find your meter spinning. Tell you you’ve got a leak. Your job to fix it. If you don’t they can issue an enforcement notice .

I think what I was paying in my old house was cheaper on rates than meter in new house after misses moved in, which knocked the people/bedrooms thing over.

If it’s marginal not worth it. They find your meter spinning. Tell you you’ve got a leak. Your job to fix it. If you don’t they can issue an enforcement notice .
Our old house was as metered and we ended up with a leak that cost us. I can't recall the full details but never again basically.

I pay 7ish quid a week for water which is included with my rent. Thank God I'm not on a meter as my disabled daughter has 3-4 baths a day and I pay a fortune on gas heating the water up.

Last edited:
Water bill going up to £60 for average size house , many got water meters , heard it’s cheaper ?
Aye, I was paying about £50 a month for mine, at the time about the same as my gas bill. For f***ing water.

Got a meter fitted as you can go back to fixed bills if you don't like the outcome after a certain period of time. And despite us having loads of baths, showers, watering lawns and filling hot tubs, we're still about £10 a month better off for it.

Just rang up & requested a meter. Was gonna be just over £700/year. Total shit that it's linked to ratable value! I know it's a historic thing but crap system.

Back