Warning - Cats Eyes Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suffolk County Council have renamed their cats eyes 'road studs' as concerned tourists and young children had been taking the following sign seriously:

Logon or register to see this image

US tourist Frances Knobel said she was shocked after seeing the cat's eyes warning sign while on holiday in Suffolk.

She told the Telegraph: 'I had no idea - I had to stop the car and go back to see if I had read the sign correctly.

:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4788666/Cat-s-eyes-renamed-complaints-tourists.html

She'll probably faint from shock if she ever sees a humped zebra crossing sign :eek:

I was in Durham last night and went for a burger with a few drinks in my system.

There's a humped zebra crossing sign at the bottom of Claypath. The window display obscured the "crossing" word and my brain took a little to register what was going on.

"Why is there a humped zebra in Durham?"

"What have the students been up to now?"

Nothing surprises me in the city where a few years ago, there was road sign saying "Resource centre for the blind." Did Durham allow blind drivers on the road? :lol:

I was in Durham last night and went for a burger with a few drinks in my system.

There's a humped zebra crossing sign at the bottom of Claypath. The window display obscured the "crossing" word and my brain took a little to register what was going on.

Nothing surprises me in the city where a few years ago, there was road sign saying "Resource centre for the blind." Did Durham allow blind drivers on the road? :lol:
This never happened. Nowhere to eat in Durham.

Maybe the sign is for the benefit of sighted people who are driving their blind family or friends to the club?

Mental.

Nothing would surprise me in this city.

Suffolk County Council have renamed their cats eyes 'road studs' as concerned tourists and young children had been taking the following sign seriously:

Logon or register to see this image

US tourist Frances Knobel said she was shocked after seeing the cat's eyes warning sign while on holiday in Suffolk.

She told the Telegraph: 'I had no idea - I had to stop the car and go back to see if I had read the sign correctly.

:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4788666/Cat-s-eyes-renamed-complaints-tourists.html
Used to pinch cats eyes, don't know why

Of the road variety, not feline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back