Wales v Iran FIFA World Cup 2022 Group B 10:00 BBC1 • BBC iPlayer • BBC Sport Website • S4C • S4C Online

Look at the still on this link

I can't, its region locked. But a still does not tell the story. You can pause the video where the attacker is touching the ball and see Hennessey is already swinging for the kick. His timing is wrong and the touch from the attacker makes that even more exagerated, so its a clear foul - but not a red.
Loads of red card tackles try and get the ball... but the ball moves and they miss resulting in the foul.

It's a blatant red card. Mental that anybody would think otherwise.
I don't agree with a number of those either.

Its not a blatant red card at all and its mental so many think the same thing!

I can't, its region locked. But a still does not tell the story. You can pause the video where the attacker is touching the ball and see Hennessey is already swinging for the kick. His timing is wrong and the touch from the attacker makes that even more exagerated, so its a clear foul - but not a red.

If the Iran player nicked it round and henessey even just tripped him, it would have been a red card aswell.

The fact he's smashed him at head height with his knee is outrageous

Clearly the last man. If Hennessy had been a defender and there was a keeper behind him it would have denied a goal scoring opportunity. The fact it’s a defender behind him and an open goal, it’s a no brainer.

Back