VSCO Film for Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know a few people who swear by them. I'm not a huge fan of the idea myself because I just see people seeing it as a way of making a boring photo look "edgy". They're probably not a bad starting tool if you're going for specific style and then alter them to make our own presets mind.

Yeah I've got the full set. Won them in a photography competition but to be honest, I've barely used them yet.

Presets are a good way to speed up your workflow and add a consistent "look" to your images, if that's what you're after.

I know a few people who swear by them. I'm not a huge fan of the idea myself because I just see people seeing it as a way of making a boring photo look "edgy". They're probably not a bad starting tool if you're going for specific style and then alter them to make our own presets mind.

Agree with this mind. Any photo I take that I don't like gets deleted, instantly. Seems everyone loves polishing turds these days... :lol:

I just want to get really good at Instagram to be honest. ;)

Presets are a good way to speed up your workflow and add a consistent "look" to your images, if that's what you're after.

Only joking like, this is what I had in mind. Find a few that I like, tweak 'em a touch, then use them for consistency. Some good results so far.

I just see people seeing it as a way of making a boring photo look "edgy".

Like this? :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
If you want digital photos that look like they were taken on film, all you'll ever end up with is something that's not quite what it's trying to be, and there's nothing very satisfying in that, IMO.

For the $120 they are asking for this you could buy a 35mm SLR on ebay that will fit your autofocus Nikon or Canon lenses, plus about 10 rolls of film, and pay for their development/scanning. And you'll end up creating something authentic and far more satisfying.

If you want digital photos that look like they were taken on film, all you'll ever end up with is something that's not quite what it's trying to be, and there's nothing very satisfying in that, IMO.

For the $120 they are asking for this you could buy a 35mm SLR on ebay that will fit your autofocus Nikon or Canon lenses, plus about 10 rolls of film, and pay for their development/scanning. And you'll end up creating something authentic and far more satisfying.
Mate, I think you'll find 24 likes and half a dozen rebloggings on Tumblr speak for themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back