Voluntary Termination Car Finance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manheim do this with any car they get in as they then categorise their condition for auction. They do this as they sell alot of vehicles from online bidders who need to know every scratch, mark or scuff. I bought a bmw there once 2 years old still under warranty which was categorised as grade b with a slight dent on rear wing. Took me about a month to find the dent myself it was that minute
Aye, I was dreading it as the car was in great condition (2 years old) but he still managed to find marks that weren't even visible to the naked eye, He had this mirror wobble boards out and all sorts, thought he was a right jobsworth :lol:

Ask your finance company for a copy of the BVRLA Wear& Tear guide if they haven't already given you one - it explains what they can and can't charge you for.

Having just handed a lease car back a few months ago I would say exactly the opposite - there was a scuff on the rear bumper and dent in the tailgate where someone had obviously pranged it in a car park. They came up with a cost of £40 to repair it, and I certainly couldn't have got it repaired for that. I then refused to sign the form accepting this (as I had been advised to do by someone in the trade) and never heard anything more.

Make sure you get a full signed report from whoever inspects it though so they can't add things afterwards.

Mine was a PCP with Manheim and they wanted to charge me more than £40 for scuffed plastic wheel trims!

As other have said on the thread, Manheim don't let you off with anything!

I got all the charges and excess miles waived in the end but that is another story.

Mine was a PCP with Manheim and they wanted to charge me more than £40 for scuffed plastic wheel trims!

As other have said on the thread, Manheim don't let you off with anything!

I got all the charges and excess miles waived in the end but that is another story.
£40 for 4 wheel trims isn’t bad. Dealers charge a fortune for them

You are better off having any damage repaired before handing it back as they'll charge you significantly more than it would cost for you to sort it privately.
Not true. VW charge £36 per wheel for alloy damage (or knackered). Try getting them done privately at that cost. All of their prices are less than getting fixed privately unless its serious damage

Last edited:
Not true. VW charge £35 per wheel for alloy damage (or knackered). Try getting them done privately at that cost. All of their prices are less than getting fixed privately unless its serious damage

Very reasonable.

In my case (and others in the thread), they aren't so reasonable.

Very reasonable.

In my case (and others in the thread), they aren't so reasonable.
Never had any bother despite little bits of damage here and there. The inspection company just send the report ot the finance house. Its up to them to charge you after that. Most of them try and give up if you dispute charges or dont bother if its just small value. They will also take into consideration mileage and the general condition of the vehicle. The 4 inspector i have had will say if the car has been washed well and given a good hoovering they are less likely to go over with fine tooth comb. Most of their work will be appraising large fleets when drivers are unlikely to be paying the damage charges so dont care

Last edited:
It obviously worked for you but Martin Lewis, money supermarket etc... strongly suggest never filling out their forms.

Often it invalidates or commits you to things that legally under the consumer credit act you dont need to do.

Excess mileage is one, legally you dont need to pay for that If you terminate under the consumer credit act, but their forms probably get you to sign that you will

How do i do that? i am hoping to do this with BMW next year but my mileage is massively over the limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back