Virgin Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happened all through yesterday and only dropped for about 2 mins at a time for me. Annoying when you're streaming Netflix but not the end of the world.

Has anyone had any luck reducing their monthly bill? Tried twice now and they say 'all i can offer is £13 less a month' and 'the system doesnt let me discount any more'

Has anyone had any luck reducing their monthly bill? Tried twice now and they say 'all i can offer is £13 less a month' and 'the system doesnt let me discount any more'

I think it's because they are largely reliant on Sky channels and can't be as flexible as Sky. I could be talking crap mind.

I had to threaten to leave and go elsewhere. They processed the cancellation, and then called about 3 or 4 days later to see if I would be interested in staying with them, on a heavily reduced package (around half what they were originally trying to charge).

I think they try to call your bluff first before offering the discount. Very frustrating.

I got £19 knocked off my package last august. I found a deal sky were doing at the time for £47, eqivalent to what i was getting from vigin for £66. So i phoned them and told them i wanted to cancel and was moving to sky. I was expecting a bit of a haggle, but they agreed to match it straightaway

I got £19 knocked off my package last august. I found a deal sky were doing at the time for £47, eqivalent to what i was getting from vigin for £66. So i phoned them and told them i wanted to cancel and was moving to sky. I was expecting a bit of a haggle, but they agreed to match it straightaway
Sky has a long waiting list for installation so they called my bluff

Think I pay £35 a month for 100mb net and basic TV package, and they've just removed sky sports news the bastards.

Think I pay £35 a month for 100mb net and basic TV package, and they've just removed sky sports news the bastards.

Why on earth would you want it anyway, other than keeping up with scores and goals the rest of it is absolute shit.

Seriously considering getting the landline taken out as the the only person to ring us on it is the mother in law. We all have mobiles and she also now has a mobile so she would have to use it if I got it took out.
Anyone else done this? I’m right in thinking it’s not needed for VM tv correct?
What’s the saving if I do this?

Seriously considering getting the landline taken out as the the only person to ring us on it is the mother in law. We all have mobiles and she also now has a mobile so she would have to use it if I got it took out.
Anyone else done this? I’m right in thinking it’s not needed for VM tv correct?
What’s the saving if I do this?
It’s cheaper to have it as part of bundle and not use it, than to not have it. I have landline but have never had a phone plugged in for as long as I can remember.

It’s cheaper to have it as part of bundle and not use it, than to not have it. I have landline but have never had a phone plugged in for as long as I can remember.
Cheers that’s the info I was looking for. Guess the big saving in that case then is not having to speak to the Mother in law :lol:

Anyone having performance issues with Virgin Media this morning? Having a mare today with a really poor connection...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back