Virgin media cancelling SkySports HD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doberman

Striker
... anyone encountered issues over the last 24 hours?

Came in from work tonight and couldn't access my Sky HD channels any longer. Rang Virgin and after being sent half the way around the World, I was put through to a bloke with a Liverpool accent who told me Virgin have cancelled thousands of people's HD subs because they were wrongly sold due to a network error. He told me that SkyHD was never included in my service agreement (despite me spending the best part of 15 minutes organising which channels I could access in HD and therefore was part of my f***ing agreement) and customers are expected to pay an extra £7 p/month in order to have HD added to their agreement.

Going to be back on the phone every night for as along as it takes for them to rectify their mistake and reinstall my HD as per the agreement which was set up when I installed Virgin. I will not be paying a penny more than I already was for the service.

:evil::evil:

f***ing awful robbing company.

I've no phone line other than cable so I'm stuck with them for my broadband and telephone.

It irritates the life out of me having to pay 40 odd quid every month

I've no phone line other than cable so I'm stuck with them for my broadband and telephone.

how can they legally justify cancelling thousands of customers HD packages without notice to then ask for additional money to gain access to the service again?? :confused: why should I be out of pocket for agreeing to receive SkyHD for the cost I was given initially?

It's taken 3 months but this is the first major issue with them.

Cancel your landline then. You don't need it for broadband. They are as useful as cups and strings in todays world of technology

Cancel your landline then. You don't need it for broadband. They are as useful as cups and strings in todays world of technology
Got told by them several times that I needed to have the landline to have their broadband package

They'll probably charge you more. They bundle them all together and it's actually cheaper to have the phone line.

I'm going to phone them this week and try and get a discount out of them. I pay a stupid amount per month.

how can they legally justify cancelling thousands of customers HD packages without notice to then ask for additional money to gain access to the service again?? :confused: why should I be out of pocket for agreeing to receive SkyHD for the cost I was given initially?

It's taken 3 months but this is the first major issue with them.
The first of many I can guarantee.

Their customer service es are awful as well

They'll probably charge you more. They bundle them all together and it's actually cheaper to have the phone line.

I'm going to phone them this week and try and get a discount out of them. I pay a stupid amount per month.

Worth checking like. On USwitch there are always deals where you can get the 50mb package cheaper than any of there others with the phone line included. Keep an eye out!

Got told by them several times that I needed to have the landline to have their broadband package

That's horseshit on their part. I have virgin fibre, and I don't have their phone lines because they have fibre packages only

Aye me too. Thinking about cancelling the sports and getting a sportsmania account.

They're a bunch of dicks like but there's little alternative. I looked into Sky but to get anything other than a basic internet package it was more expensive.

You can get broadband on it's own but the last time I looked at the pricing it was only about £15 more to take their TV as well, which is worth it round here with digital reception being shite.

My broadband package with them is nearly £50 a month, rang up to ask to drop to a lower package and they were like we can drop the speed right down down and it'll knock a fiver off :lol:

Well, that's nonsense because I've got their broadband and no landline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back