Video Camera recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buy a quality compact with HD video, will do great stills pics as well as the video. The camcorder is become less and less relevant.

Buy a quality compact with HD video, will do great stills pics as well as the video. The camcorder is become less and less relevant.

Not sure about that mind. Bought a Canon S95 largely cos of HD (well, 720) video, but a camcorder is different bit of kit altogether. Mainly due to form factor like, as opposed to video quality.

Not sure about that mind. Bought a Canon S95 largely cos of HD (well, 720) video, but a camcorder is different bit of kit altogether. Mainly due to form factor like, as opposed to video quality.

This is true. Camcorders ergonomically designed for filming. However I could live with poor ergonomics for occasional to moderate use. Also feel the ergonomic advantage of the camcorder has declined slightly as they have got smaller.

I know it's not what the OP is asking, but if I had £500 to spend on camcorder and stills camera, I would go £500 on an all-rounder rather than £250 each.

I do like my old 3CCD DV camcorder but 2 megapixels is gonna look shite when I eventually upgrade to HD!

This is true. Camcorders ergonomically designed for filming. However I could live with poor ergonomics for occasional to moderate use. Also feel the ergonomic advantage of the camcorder has declined slightly as they have got smaller.

I know it's not what the OP is asking, but if I had £500 to spend on camcorder and stills camera, I would go £500 on an all-rounder rather than £250 each.

I do like my old 3CCD DV camcorder but 2 megapixels is gonna look shite when I eventually upgrade to HD!

Agree with that anarl like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back