Vic Marks/Derek Pringle Cricket Books......

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39494

Just ordered these to read during my week off next month :

Vic Marks - Original Spin
Derek Pringle - Cricket In The 80s

Anybody Cricket lovers on the forum read either of these?

Love reading books by ex-players of this vintage, County Cricket during its heyday (70s/80s). Listing to Victor on TMS (no shouting/histrionics) is an absolute joy.

Plan is to sit in the garden, glass of Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand) in the early September sun and devour both books......the simple pleasures in life.

Are they both cracking reads and need hiding away (stops me clicking through them), before settling down to enjoy both.

Derek Pringle was the worst player ever to play for England. Turned down England to play in the Varsity match iirc. Peter May, Chairman of Selectors, said that was OK. He was a blue as well of course.

I saw better players in the Bradford League.

Probably get more cricket knowledge from a book by Ryan Pringle than one by Derek Pringle. Although a colouring in book might be marginally more enjoyable. I'd recommend "Sense of humour, Sense of Justce" by Fred Rumsey but " Five Trophies and aFuneral" is riveting ".

Derek Pringle was the worst player ever to play for England. Turned down England to play in the Varsity match iirc. Peter May, Chairman of Selectors, said that was OK. He was a blue as well of course.

I saw better players in the Bradford League.
Give ower man
Just ordered these to read during my week off next month :

Vic Marks - Original Spin
Derek Pringle - Cricket In The 80s

Anybody Cricket lovers on the forum read either of these?

Love reading books by ex-players of this vintage, County Cricket during its heyday (70s/80s). Listing to Victor on TMS (no shouting/histrionics) is an absolute joy.

Plan is to sit in the garden, glass of Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand) in the early September sun and devour both books......the simple pleasures in life.

Are they both cracking reads and need hiding away (stops me clicking through them), before settling down to enjoy both.

The Pringle book is excellent

My abiding memory of Pringle, after he'd been critical in the press of Durham being awarded a test match, making his way to the media center for start of play being serenaded with a chorus of "who ate all the pies".

Give ower man

The Pringle book is excellent

An Oxbridge blue would have always been picked before a man who was not a blue. As soon as the opposition were hard to beat - bring in the county cricketers. David Steele, Peter Willey etc. You don't think cricket is a level playing field do you? Are Durham Pilgrims still knocking about?

Back