Vergini to be offered permanent deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

good its a start and a player which i reckon will get better

Well he hasn't said in his opinion, which must mean it's a statement of fact. Don't make yourself look silly arguing against facts. Read up on how good he will be in a few seasons time.

He isn't good enough to get in our XI in his best position. I'd sign him up but don't try and make our he is better than he is, was very poor at centre back

He isn't good enough to get in our XI in his best position. I'd sign him up but don't try and make our he is better than he is, was very poor at centre back

Sort of not what I was saying, but aye.

Incidentally I'd give him another go at centre back.

Great news, big player for us come the end of season, give him pre-season to adapt further into the centreback position too

The problem is he has been extremely poor at centre back, which is his job, he won't be right back next season will he and I'll be extremely worried if he was to start centre back next season, not convinced he is good enough
why wont he be right back next season ?

The player took a lot of excessive criticism on Sky etc. when he first came, it became the easy thing to do from the media, he was thrust into a team with no confidence in the middle of a losing spell.
As he has found his feet he has shown his potential. I have a gut feeling he will prove good in much the same way I always felt that Henderson would become a class act in central mid field. He will end up central defence and be good.

why wont he be right back next season ?

He just won't be, he is solid but offers nothing going forward. We will without doubt be getting a new first choice right back if Bardsley leaves

The player took a lot of excessive criticism on Sky etc. when he first came, it became the easy thing to do from the media, he was thrust into a team with no confidence in the middle of a losing spell.
As he has found his feet he has shown his potential. I have a gut feeling he will prove good in much the same way I always felt that Henderson would become a class act in central mid field. He will end up central defence and be good.

The losing run started when he was introduced to be fair, we were 14th before he played his first game

He's only 25 - very young for a CB. We will need a new CB pairing in a season or two. He will be an understudy to, and cover for, JOS and we know he can fill in at RB if necessary. Good move for all parties.

Good post

and 99.999999999% of our fans, if you go back to before he played at right back and look, some of the posts about him are horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back