Venus

I'm going out now for a look

Is it below and slightly to the left of the crescent moon ?

Or

Parallel to the left of the moon??

Or I'm I looking at planes?

Yes. It is the lowest in the sky. It looks orange whilst the rest look white if you're struggling to pick her out from the stars.
Seen it. Wish I had a telescope, but that's not a story for a family forum

Slightly to the right of the slow moving big aeroplane. But to the left of the street light - that’s the moon.
The son once ran in saying he had seen a UFO above the house opposite.

We all went out and it looked genuine for a bit, until someone decided to walk a bit closer, only for it to be a spiders web in the process of being spun, from the fence to the top of our shed.

Don't tell anyone though, they'll think I'm stupid ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Sirius.

Look at the moon. Then look about 45° to the right and look at the bright star low in the sky. That's Venus.
I was looking left and below.

Off out again now. The Mrs is shaking her head, but that's not rare in our house

I can hear a coppers siren but next doors roof is in the way a bit

Clear sky tonight though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking left and below.

Off out again now. The Mrs is shaking her head, but that's not rare in our house

Have you got a smartphone? Google Skymap is free and it tells you what you are looking at.

Lyrid meteor shower may be visible tonight but it peaks on Sunday night. They're visible in the north east sky for anyone who likes laying out watching shooting stars.

Have you got a smartphone? Google Skymap is free and it tells you what you are looking at.

Lyrid meteor shower may be visible tonight but it peaks on Sunday night. They're visible in the north east sky for anyone who likes laying out watching shooting stars.
Dodgy neighbours, if I took my phone out, they'd be banging on the door

Having said that, I've often fancied having a drive up Hadrian's wall way, when there is a clear sky to see the stars

I've been to the doctors about it though and have cream for it now

Having said that, I've often fancied having a drive up Hadrian's wall way, when there is a clear sky to see the stars

I've been in hottub drinking Black Sheep ale and stargazing near Hadrians Wall. It was class.

Shadons Hill is near to you which is ok but a bit light polluted and the possibility of standing in horse poo on the walk across the field to get there.

I've been in hottub drinking Black Sheep ale and stargazing near Hadrians Wall. It was class.

Shadons Hill is near to you which is ok but a bit light polluted and the possibility of standing in horse poo on the walk across the field to get there.
that's the killer, light pollution

the old caravan site up Stanhope had little lighting and you got cracking views up there

also up haggerston, depending where you are on the site, you can get a good view of the stars

Ridiculous.tell them to fuck off
:lol:. They have some cracking arguments among themselves. I keep out of their way

Back