Veggie grub

Looks like every recipe is "put veg in a tin and then roast them"
Pretty much, but sometimes I don't have time to prep food etc, so I use it for differemt quick meals whilst I'm still working or back late from a run. I'm not advocating it's the be all and end all of cooking, it's easy for me to do during the week.
Each to their own on food as far I am concerned. I made a change in my dietary requirements whilst training and I don't miss meat at all. As I've stated of people wish to eat meat I don't stand there tutting or shouting "meat is murder". It's a conscious decision I've made.

Admit it, you reel that comment out at every opportunity.

Embrace the challenge of no meat, you might surprise yourself.

Not eating meat is far more environmentally friendly than skipping an annual holiday.

Not if the meat you ate was roadkill or what you hunted yourself

Realised I’d accidentally cut down on meat massively recently. It definitely wasn’t a conscious decision but I don’t think I’ve had meat for a fortnight or more. Been eating more fish definitely. Possibly to do with this crazy heat. I feel canny for it though, I mainly feel less tired.
I’m not ruling out having a massive steak this weekend and every other weekend but I feel like I’ve accidentally made a bit of a lifestyle change maybe. Even if I just half my meat intake I think that’d be a good thing for me.

I eat very little meat but I do enjoy the odd Sunday Dins or BBQ.

I eat fish fairly regularly but we often have meals with no meat.

I cannot stand quorn mind and don’t see the point of it.

I know that on the SMB everyone's cooking their wagyu beef sous-vide every work night, but let's be honest too: a large proportion of the omnivorous population eat pretty shit meat, quite a lot of it processed, and eat it in predictable and unimaginative ways.

Think it just becomes a habit of having meat with everything when often it brings very little to the taste of the meal, especially in the likes of curries, stews, soups, pasta and rice dishes get the herbs and spices right I don’t miss the meat at all

Yep, been completely vegan over 3 years now. First 6 months were hard at times, piece of piss now. I sleep better not eating sentient beings.

Think it just becomes a habit of having meat with everything when often it brings very little to the taste of the meal, especially in the likes of curries, stews, soups, pasta and rice dishes get the herbs and spices right I don’t miss the meat at all

I often make a big veggie curry or chilli to use up odds and ends of leftover veg and then freeze. Put in your soya protein of choice and your really don't miss the veg and cost pennies to make.

One of the best Indian restaurants I've ever been to was vegetarian. Go to India and most people are either totally vegetarian or eat meat only on special occasions as it is so expensive.

Still love a steak or meat pie though.

Back