VARguments

This is the problem. One hand ball for attackers one hand ball for the defenders.
Will stop the cheating though. Always a bonus.
I understand the logic behind the two different laws. It's just a step in the wrong direction. VAR is/was supposed to improve football by getting tough decisions right. Instead we're now seeing new rules, offside decisions, that no one can say are correct, because the laws of football do not state when a pass is a pass and, you still cannot see beneath a jersey, where the arm starts and the shoulder ends, and people still argue over decisions by the referee and the VAR.
VAR is not good for football in its current format.

Great save, first time round. It was slow to get to the decisions but the Wolves players shouldn't have encroached. If they can just speed things up a bit....

Bigger teams have more possession, put more pressure on their opponents. They will therefore get more VAR decisions in their favor, even if all VAR decisions were treated completely similarly from decision.to decision.

Fair enough. Just when I've seen big controversial ones it just seemed to favour the bigger team.
Fair enough. Just when I've seen big controversial ones it just seemed to favour the bigger team. Just wondering if anyone thought the same or just me

I think that VAR has evened out the playing field a bit. The smaller teams are less likely to get done by a stinker of a decision. Two from the past that come to mind are the McAllister penalty against us that was a mile outside the box and Ronaldo's dive that gave Man U a winning penalty at Boro.

Over the past few weeks it feels like VAR is settling down. This was the first game where there has been any real controversy over it in recent weeks. The thing people are often overlooking is the amount of decisions VAR gets right that would have had fans and managers having aneurysms in previous seasons.

Back