VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like Preston but they've watched the Leeds teams of the 70s @PNEFC111

Pearson is a dirty bastard.. puts Catts to shame
Just back from a chilly Deepdale - WBA best side to be fair.

Once again our thin squad is struggling with injuries.

Ah - Pearson , great player , every team needs one - little shit though!

Just seen the penalty- shocker - cheating wins again.Wontvstop until retrospective punishment brought in .

Absolutely sums up why we have VAR. 9 times out of 10 a ref gives that. They have no choice. They can't tell but they know they will get slaughtered for not giving it. In real time without replays anyone in the refs shoes gives a pen there. Of course it wasn't a pen but you can only know that when you've seen it replayed from different angles. Don't remember Hinchclife calling it in real time. The refs don't stand a chance.

Just back from a chilly Deepdale - WBA best side to be fair.

Once again our thin squad is struggling with injuries.

Ah - Pearson , great player , every team needs one - little shit though!

Just seen the penalty- shocker - cheating wins again.Wontvstop until retrospective punishment brought in .

What brought you to this board marra

If you don't mind me asking

Plus thought retrospective punishment has been brought in

Or is that only if the ref hasn't saw the incident

Last edited:
I've looked a few times now and, although harsh, it looks as the keepers knee just clips Edwards.. I'd be raging if it was against us tbf, as has been a couple of times this season.. v Derby & Charlton.. But that's football. I hate VAR btw. ;)
Don’t be silly, the player anticipates a challenge from the keeper (that doesn’t come) leaves his leg in to attempt to con the referee and it worked.

I posted a question about parking when we played you at SoL in March 18- the replies were courteous and sensible and I got no shit whatsoever ( unlike some knucklehead boards).

On arriving at Sunderland my daughter and I found everyone so friendly, people coming over and engaging us in conversation.

It’s pretty much the same with my presence here - you’re good folk and should be proud of your kindness.

Tyrone Mings goal at the weekend highlighted everything that is wrong with VAR. Player scores a legitimate goal, doesn't celebrate cos he knows VAR will check it. Feeling of scoring a goal is gone imo.

Much prefer a quick look at the linesman who had his flag down anyway. Yes there will be some incorrect calls but that's football

Don’t be silly, the player anticipates a challenge from the keeper (that doesn’t come) leaves his leg in to attempt to con the referee and it worked.

The more I see it the more convinced I am that the keepers right knee clips Edwards foot.

If retrospective punishment isn’t in place ( in the absence of VAR) then it’s a green light to carry on cheating.

That’s simply wrong and sends out a bad message which is not in the spirit of the game.

Another nightmare for VAR tonight

Leicester denied a clear penalty in the first half after it was reviewed then gifted the softest one you'll see all season in the 2nd half

No penalty or red card against the greatest CB in the history of the game when he fouled Calvert Lewin at 2-1 then the TAA incidents

At least it works for the teams who're near the top

I posted a question about parking when we played you at SoL in March 18- the replies were courteous and sensible and I got no shit whatsoever ( unlike some knucklehead boards).

On arriving at Sunderland my daughter and I found everyone so friendly, people coming over and engaging us in conversation.

It’s pretty much the same with my presence here - you’re good folk and should be proud of your kindness.

Nice to have decent fans of other clubs on here.. your butter pies are f***ing rank though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back