VAR is going to ruin football

Shocking decision in the Scotland women’s game. Match winning save taken away by VAR......cruel.

Is that rule in the men’s game too? Penalty’s will hugely favour the taker and the keeper will just have to pick a side to dive and hope. It seemed like her back foot was still touching the line. Understand if she was a foot off the line but that is so harsh.

Does third place go through? Surely they would only have 3pts if won and japan had 4?

Is that rule in the men’s game too? Penalty’s will hugely favour the taker and the keeper will just have to pick a side to dive and hope. It seemed like her back foot was still touching the line. Understand if she was a foot off the line but that is so harsh.

Does third place go through? Surely they would only have 3pts if won and japan had 4?

If that's what's going to happen it's already gone. Its bullshit. How is any keeper meant to save a pen?

And that decision to play an extra 2 minutes when the VAR decision took 7 minutes is an even bigger joke.

I wonder which country it has benefited neither of them teams going through.

VAR isn't the issue with this one. It's the stupid goalkeepers can't move rule that FIFA have dreamt up. It's bollocks. You're throwing yourself to the floor, your momentum takes you forward. The arseholes in charge live in cloud-cuckoo land. Convinced they see all pro footballers as robots. Clueless.

It’s a cheats charter - big teams will dive and win pens and keepers now have no chance. There is no spontaneity anymore - ohh we might have scored but I’ll wait 3 mins to be sure and since I’m safc playing Mcfc I’ll not hold my breath

How long before goals are being ruled out because the move started from a foul throw? Watching the thrower in slow motion in case his foot lifts. Shocking

VAR isn't the issue with this one. It's the stupid goalkeepers can't move rule that FIFA have dreamt up. It's bollocks. You're throwing yourself to the floor, your momentum takes you forward. The arseholes in charge live in cloud-cuckoo land. Convinced they see all pro footballers as robots. Clueless.
Tbis is it in a nutshell - no need for a kick just give the goal off the foul - shambles

The decisions were right, the time taken to sort it out was a farce.

For fans, celebrating goals is what it's all about, now you have to wait incase it get refereed to VAR. The moment of joy is lost.

Wasn’t VAR meant to be introduced to prevent the officials making a howler, not to watch penalties in slow motion in case the keepers toes are over the line.

yep. It was.

within 12 months, it's already developed into re-reffing games using computers. Fancy colourful lines for offside to award decisions that can't possibly be seen by the human eye etc.

this was always going to happen whilst the game is ran by clowns.

It’s the fact that VAR is being used in such situations. It’s happened twice now in the woman’s World Cup

As far as I'm aware it has always been the law that the keeper is supposed to stay on his/her line until the ball is kicked. Hundreds of times previously they have shown replays of saves and said it should have been retaken because the keeper has moved forward, but the referees have almost always let it go.

Now the players are going to have to learn how to play by the laws of the game or they are going to get punished, and as it's VAR it's not going to depend on a referee deciding to enforce it.

Whether you are an inch or a yard in front of the line is irrelevant, it is trying to gain an advantage. A penalty is supposed to be a virtually certain goal because of a foul a few yards from goal.

Last edited:

Back