Valencia

BiG

Central Defender
Anybody got any thoughts or info they’re willing to share regarding what to see and do in Valencia for a two day stopover. It’s part of a longer trip. (I’ve been ( was taken) to the bioparc, so not bothered about a return. More interested in the central areas and city)

I’m currently looking for Accommodation near or in the centre so if you have any recommendations please hoy them in my direction.

Think I stopped at an NH in the centre…possibly the Colon one, wasn’t shit like the name might suggest!

Great city, very walkable with loads to see and excellent bait and food all ower.

Make sure you try the Agua De Valencia

Great city. Go to the Aquarium/Oceanarium. Biggest in Europe. It's in the science area someone else mentioned. Architecture in that area is great. Look up the park that goes through the city. It follows the path of a dried out riverbed....goes on and on. Beech front with bars/restaurants good too. Easy tram ride to/from there

We got the bus to the beach and hired one of those bikes that you just pick up from the street , and cycled all the way up the park (it's the old river bed) some amazing futuristic massive buildings at the science park, 100% must see

Also Cafe Del Duende , you can't buy tickets you have to turn up at the time advertised, it's 10euro or something and you get a class one hour flamenco performance in a tiny little venue , with a free drink hoyed in. Was fantastic

Also the Mercat Central - huge busy market selling fresh everything

We were only there 24 hours but had a mint time

I was there last week, down by the marina, transport is cheap as chips on the trams.
We hired an apartment which suited us fine, pleasantly surprised as food/drink prices. Old town was decent, didn’t really do any touristy stuff just had a dodge about and drank!

Valencia is good fun. I'd recommend hiring a bike (it's really cheap for a day hire) and cycling through the aforementioned park all the way to the beach. Nice day out of the city. You can cycle around the aquarium complex too which is pretty mad looking.

Try the Valencian paella. Drink hotchata. Get on the lagers around Russafa. Good city for just mooching about.

Personally I prefer Seville over Valencia
Like them both very much.
But Seville gets baking hot, went last October and it was nearly 40 degrees. Also, Cruzcampo is everywhere and is shite !
The beach (reachable by the metro) swings it for Valencia.
Hired bikes (as already mentioned on here) but cycled down through the Park where the river was) to the beach for a swim. Then cycled north, up the coast, out of the City.
The market is superb and one of the biggest I've seen.
You'll have a great time...

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Valencia wasn’t on my list of places to visit really. But there’s a planned trip that takes in a visit to a friends family home near Cuenca, that entails her and her husband picking us up from where her new job is between Alicante and Valencia and followed by a drop-off so we can visit our daughter in the Ebro Valley. Complicated eh. The flights and pickup points and etc etc resulted in the best airport to fly into was Valencia but we can’t meet up for a few days so I’m gonna take advantage and explore the city.

Personally I prefer Seville over Valencia

Been to Seville. Took in Jerez and Cadiz while I was in the area.

Like them both very much.
But Seville gets baking hot, went last October and it was nearly 40 degrees. Also, Cruzcampo is everywhere and is shite !
The beach (reachable by the metro) swings it for Valencia.
Hired bikes (as already mentioned on here) but cycled down through the Park where the river was) to the beach for a swim. Then cycled north, up the coast, out of the City.
The market is superb and one of the biggest I've seen.
You'll have a great time...

Ta. It was cold and rainy when we visited Seville. Well mostly drizzly and a bit chilly, but the hotel wasn’t really set-up for chilly conditions. More of a Riad style place.

Back