Vaccination rates across Europe

Nothing really. It's because we've only just decided 16 and 17 year olds should be vaccinated and are yet to determine what to do with 12-15 year olds. Pretty much all of Europe is vaccinating kids so their numbers look better.

Nothing really. It's because we've only just decided 16 and 17 year olds should be vaccinated and are yet to determine what to do with 12-15 year olds. Pretty much all of Europe is vaccinating kids so their numbers look better.
True.

It depends what you measure against. If it's against total population or adult population.

They have caught up and in some cases surpassed but they will also hit the wall getting the sceptics and anti Vax mob done

True.

It depends what you measure against. If it's against total population or adult population.

They have caught up and in some cases surpassed but they will also hit the wall getting the sceptics and anti Vax mob done
But it makes the rubbish spouted about how this proved that Brexit was a bonus sound hollow.

But it makes the rubbish spouted about how this proved that Brexit was a bonus sound hollow.
Yes and no

I think it is plausible that Brexit helped but also we have to remember that if we had been in the EU, procurement of vaccines may have been different given our influence. We could also have gone our own way despite Brexit. We can never know.

Yes and no

I think it is plausible that Brexit helped but also we have to remember that if we had been in the EU, procurement of vaccines may have been different given our influence. We could also have gone our own way despite Brexit. We can never know.
Key point is we could have done exactly what we have done with or without Brexit. Also the fact that the EU did it in a different way has made no difference in the end.

Vaccine rollout has been decent, only reason it's an issue now we're being overtaken by other countries is because the government made such a big deal about being ahead.

Silly man. We haven’t vaxed kids yet. Seems you have an agenda. Worra berk.
We haven’t they have. The idiots who claimed we were doing so much better than them said it was all down to Brexit. It wasn’t. If we were ahead because we had vaccinated the 12 to 15 year olds and they hadn those same people would have claimed that as a Brexit bonus.

Key point is we could have done exactly what we have done with or without Brexit. Also the fact that the EU did it in a different way has made no difference in the end.

I agree with the first part not so with the second. Had our rollout been slower, we may have had a more painful Feb-April. I’m not sure.

Well that’s unentangleable for me. I don’t think you can be certain on that.
If we could have done exactly what we have done inside or outside the EU, how is the roll out anything to do with Brexit. It was all to do with a highly Centralised NHS, doing what it is best at doing.

If we could have done exactly what we have done inside or outside the EU, how is the roll out anything to do with Brexit. It was all to do with a highly Centralised NHS, doing what it is best at doing.
Frijj is correct.. We really dont know... Chances are if we were still within the EU we would have gone with the flow and been part of the EU procuremtn process. as did every other EU country.

But nothing to do with Brexit.
Give it a frickin' rest. Go spout on the politics board.
But we had the freedom not to even in the EU.
We haven’t they have. The idiots who claimed we were doing so much better than them said it was all down to Brexit. It wasn’t. If we were ahead because we had vaccinated the 12 to 15 year olds and they hadn those same people would have claimed that as a Brexit bonus.

etc etc

We did in theory but it woudl have been frowned upon if we had done.. hence none of the others did
When did that ever stop us?

However the good news is that most of Europe is making good progress on vaccines. Now we need to help the rest of the world catch up.

Last edited:

Back