Used car ?

box2box

Striker
Need to change my car, got an old Audi A4, could just get an updated version ( c. 3 year old ish ) however fancy something different

Anyone recommend anything similar , or even a hatch back / more boot room for bike etc ?

Need to change my car, got an old Audi A4, could just get an updated version ( c. 3 year old ish ) however fancy something different

Anyone recommend anything similar , or even a hatch back / more boot room for bike etc ?
3 series touring is the perfect all-rounder. Bit more engaging than the A4.

I'm considering a VW Tiguan next, happy to take people's thoughts on this
Nowt against that specific model, but I've been very disappointed by the quality of service provided by VW and wouldn't have another.

Horses for courses, but I find all but the very fastest audis a total snooze to drive. They are like white goods. 335d is better than the equivalent audi.
Styling, build quality, cabin, and comfort are all far better than a BM. I've had a few of each so not basing my opinion on one car. In terms of German makers for the regular person it goes BM Audi then Mercedes. Had all 3 in the past 10 years.

3 series touring is the perfect all-rounder. Bit more engaging than the A4.

Nowt against that specific model, but I've been very disappointed by the quality of service provided by VW and wouldn't have another.

3 series not as good interior for me though. Quattro beats xdrive though as well. Standard models id agree the rwd bmw is a better drive compared to the fwd audi.

I have an a4 saloon and wish id gone with the avant. Want an a6 avant quattro next. Drive BMs at work. Is a 340i within budget? Love that thing.

Last edited:
3 series not as good interior for me though. Quattro beats xdrive though as well. Standard models id agree the rwd bmw is a better drive compared to the fwd audi.

I have an a4 saloon and wish id gone with the avant. Want an a6 avant quattro next. Drive BMs at work. Is a 340i within budget? Love that thing.
Standard 3 series interior is pretty shite, but if you get a well specced one there is nowt between them. A bottom spec BMW is a depressing place to be.

I can't tell any difference between quattro and xdrive. Quattro is fwd biased and drive rear. Both are shite in snow compared to my old Subaru, but winter tyres make more difference to traction than the electronic 4wd system.

I much prefer idrive interface to the audi equivalent too, but not much impact on the driving.

Auto gearbox is maybe one other area where the Audi is superior.

Standard 3 series interior is pretty shite, but if you get a well specced one there is nowt between them. A bottom spec BMW is a depressing place to be.

I can't tell any difference between quattro and xdrive. Quattro is fwd biased and drive rear. Both are shite in snow compared to my old Subaru, but winter tyres make more difference to traction than the electronic 4wd system.

I much prefer idrive interface to the audi equivalent too, but not much impact on the driving.

Auto gearbox is maybe one other area where the Audi is superior.

Both gearboxes i think are canny. Both very responsive. Will drop 3 quickly if you need to. Unlike a volvo which does what it wants. Starting to drive the V90. Not a bad motorway car but jesus its awful ripping its guts out and end up swearing uncontrollaby at it

Back