US preparing for another lockdown

Mask mandates starting up in Atlanta, though only colleges fwiu.
According to the CDC - you’ve a stronger chance of catching the new covid variant if you’re already vaccinated!

BA.2.86 may be more capable of causing infection in people who have previously had COVID-19 or who have received COVID-19 vaccines.
It means that this variant may have a greater chance of infecting someone compared to previous variants. Which given that its apparently heavily mutated makes sense.

According to the CDC - you’ve a stronger chance of catching the new covid variant if you’re already vaccinated!

BA.2.86 may be more capable of causing infection in people who have previously had COVID-19 or who have received COVID-19 vaccines.
Note also the "in people who have previously had COVID-19". It seems to odd to call immune-tolerance on such a small sample population. We'll see.
I read that as meaning compared with other variants.... otherwise why would they recommend further down the page for people to get vaccinated?
Immune response the new epitopes that are specific to the new variant.

Last edited:
Alex Jones is an absolute grifting tw@t.
The US will not be planning to lock down unless there was a demonstrably more deadly variant. Even then the first line of action would be a further vaccination roll out.

Not well written but pretty certain that means that having the vaccine or having had Covid are less of a protective factor for this strain rather than it’s worse if you’ve had Covid or the vaccine. No doubt some will deliberately interpret it negatively though.

Last edited:
For a group so vehemently against "lockdown", the Right sure like talking about it a lot. I think they secretly like it as it gives them attention
I think a good chunk of the libertarian right only really think liberty should be for them, they love an authoritarian or even military response to anything they don’t like.

Not well written but pretty certain that means that having the vaccine or having had Covid are less of a protective factor for this strain rather than it’s worse if you’ve had Covid or the vaccine. No doubt some will deliberately interpret it negatively though.
That certainly makes more sense with the current data. 👍

I cant find any recent polling on views about another lockdown. The best I can find is from September 2021 which, if I'm correct, is after the last lockdown we had.

I'd be interested to know what support would be like. This poll was after a series of lockdowns so people may have been suffering from 'lockdown fatigue' and may now be more amenable to a lockdown again. At the same time, now pretty much everyone has had a vaccine and the majority have returrned to normality, people may need some convincing as to why it would be neccessary again.

Back