Urgent Lens Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalmöMakem

Midfield
Basically got my 7d but using my pentax lenses.

Been using my 50mm lens and it seems to work ok until I get it onto the Mac and I'm noticing it's still not as crisp as it'd be in AF.

So looking at getting a cheap lens to keep me going for a month or two before I splash out on something a bit more fancy.

my choice is either the 50mm canon f1.8

or

this Tamron
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tamron-Aspherical-18-200mm-3-5-6-3-Lens-Suitable/dp/B0007XD4LC/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341411584&sr=1-7
Not really looking for anything amazing, just something quick and easy.

Give it a month or two and i'll be investing in the more quality lenses.

Third option is just to stick with my pentax 50mm and see what I can do about the lack of sharpness. Then save myself the extra 100 to put towards to better lens.

get the 1.8 mate, look on ebay somtimes go for under 50 quid

really leaning towards it. the only put off is i have the f1.4 50mm for my pentax and its fantastic.

is it worth spending money on not as good 50mm just to get a bit of AF? I know a lot of people rave about the f1.8 but its the same on pentax with the difference it photos for f1.8 to f1.4.

How much are you looking for it?

But the main issue. Can you get it to me before Monday? :lol:

Going to Berlin so in a panic for a lens!
for you.....£60 with delivery and i'll put it on royal mail speedy service or whatever. PM me your address and I'll post it tomorrow providing you transfer the money into my bank. Don't have the box or the instructions for it but its hardly been used.

oROSSo said:
for you.....£60 with delivery and i'll put it on royal mail speedy service or whatever. PM me your address and I'll post it tomorrow providing you transfer the money into my bank. Don't have the box or the instructions for it but its hardly been used.

Worra rip off!

cheers for the offer mate. Decided I'm just going to stick with my 50mm and get sussed up on using manual focus. I think i'll benefit from learning a few things out this way.

Cheers anyway.

MalmöMakem said:
cheers for the offer mate. Decided I'm just going to stick with my 50mm and get sussed up on using manual focus. I think i'll benefit from learning a few things out this way.

Cheers anyway.

No problem

:eek: please say I didn't scupper this deal; I was arnly kidding.. Ross's deal was cracking!

ayesane said:
:eek: please say I didn't scupper this deal; I was arnly kidding.. Ross's deal was cracking!

Don't worry, one mans loss is another mans gain - mine!

Just need to buy the bloody camera to use it on now!

ayesane said:

See what you've done eh eh eh!! I won't eat this week now.....

it's really cheap for food in berlin

especially if I'm picking it out of the bins.

went to munich last year and I thought it was a bit more pricey. But i won't spend as much I don't think as i'll mainly be walking and taking photographs.

especially if I'm picking it out of the bins.

went to munich last year and I thought it was a bit more pricey. But i won't spend as much I don't think as i'll mainly be walking and taking photographs.

live out of lidl and penny markt and you will eat well for hardly anything. Even the takeaways are good for the money as well. enjoy mate wish i was going back

live out of lidl and penny markt and you will eat well for hardly anything. Even the takeaways are good for the money as well. enjoy mate wish i was going back

yeah I was thinking take away and the like. Was the same with oslo, but head off the beaten track to some of the foreign run places and you get some good prices.

Any recommendations about places to photograph? Ive got a few already but there is just so much stuff there to go have a look at.

yeah I was thinking take away and the like. Was the same with oslo, but head off the beaten track to some of the foreign run places and you get some good prices.

Any recommendations about places to photograph? Ive got a few already but there is just so much stuff there to go have a look at.

obviously the wall at east side gallery, but go over the river from there to Kreuzberg and walk around there, one of my favorite areas. On sundays there is a flea market at maurerpark, which is good and will have some good stuff to photograph. Be a good place for shooting people. Other than that just walk about so much to see.

obviously the wall at east side gallery, but go over the river from there to Kreuzberg and walk around there, one of my favorite areas. On sundays there is a flea market at maurerpark, which is good and will have some good stuff to photograph. Be a good place for shooting people. Other than that just walk about so much to see.

cheers. east side gallery was near the top of the list and i fancy heading to the soviet war memorial in treptow.

just having a play around with the eos utility for the 7d. amazing bit of kit tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back