Urgent advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UaeExile

Winger
Reet lads and lasses. tonight i'm designated second shooter for a car rally that will be departing the embassy and driving slowly to Yas Marina Circuit (F1 track) and doing a couple of laps of the track.

I'm stuipidly excited now because one of the Sheikhs has sent 6 of his car to the embassy, all delivered on flatbed trucks - Rolls, Astons, Mini Coopers :eek:

The thing is, the other lad at the embassy thinks he's the boy because everyone goes on about his photos which I think are shit. So I want to get some belters tonight.

Any tips or advice? Bit nervous because I don't really know the ins and outs of the Mkiii yet :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

If they're moving shoot in TV Mode, AI Servo and if it's light a shutter speed of 1/250- 1/320 to get a bit of movement in the wheels. What lens will you be using?

I have always had my camera set up to focus using the AE-Lock button (star button), so that you can track the car or subject when in AI Servo and shoot with the shutter button. Takes a bit of getting used to at first but it's much, much better.

If they're moving shoot in TV Mode, AI Servo and if it's light a shutter speed of 1/250- 1/320 to get a bit of movement in the wheels. What lens will you be using?

I have always had my camera set up to focus using the AE-Lock button (star button), so that you can track the car or subject when in AI Servo and shoot with the shutter button. Takes a bit of getting used to at first but it's much, much better.
Thanks mate, I've only got the 24-105 f4L lens... so thats what I'll be using :lol:

I'm used to having an armoury of lenses man :lol:

seriously though, don't be ashamed to stick the camera on green box or P mode every now and then - Especially if you're not used to the camera. It doesn't cost you anything, takes a second to twist that dial.

I would suggest the old cigar in the guy's viewfinder eye trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back