Unsolved mysteries.

Unsolved murders -
Billie-Jo Jenkins - her foster father was acquitted.
Suzy Lamplugh - thought to possibly be John Cannan who posed as 'Mr Kipper'.
Jill Dando.
Suzy Lamplugh, they seem 99% sure it was John Cannan
The Carl Bridgewater murder.
Just reading the Wiki page, it looks like there are two really strong suspects (including the guy who's conviction was overturned) but it looks like the mystery will die with them.
I know the Jeremy Bamber story has been done to death but there are still a lot of unexplained facts relating to it - the police, the relatives, the girlfriend, etc.
The RAF bloke who decided to have a drunken nap in a bin.

Julie Perigo murder.
You'd think the Perigo murder would be perfect for one of those cases that can be solved now that DNA studies are that bit more advanced.

Reading the Wiki page makes you realise what a high risk occupation it is being a sex worker. That's before you get to the ones who just get a bit of a beating now and then.
Yup, purported to be omnivorous, and partial to the odd meaty snack, but they are a bit like the British Big cat phenomenon, not a scrap of solid proof they exist.
The Bigfoot story sounds ridiculous but I was flying into Nashville last week (I know, look at me) and for the last forty minutes you fly over nothing but forest, lakes and rivers, it just goes on forever. You could have whole towns of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) and no one would ever know.

A bit different to a big cat hiding on Dartmoor....
This Jon Benet Ramsay case stinks to high heaven. It seems like there's something a bit more sinister behind all this.
The choice seems to be a family member or a random child killer but surely if this was sexual assault by a stranger, knowing the family was in the house, they wouldn't mess on with ransom notes and the like

Last edited:

You'd think the Perigo murder would be perfect for one of those cases that can be solved now that DNA studies are that bit more advanced.

Reading the Wiki page makes you realise what a high risk occupation it is being a sex worker. That's before you get to the ones who just get a bit of a beating now and then.

Did the police collect/keep/find any DNA? (it was pretty much unheard of then). Is it of good enough quality if they did? DNA evidence needs to be corroborated with other evidence and being a sex worker she would have had a revolving door. The offender also needs to be on the database or a close relative for familiaral matches.

I'd be very surprised if they haven't done a cold case review if they do have DNA evidence. Murder cases are never closed.

I'm no slueth but but find it odd that this appears to be the only time the offender has done this (especially the level of violence used). Also do/did people normally travel long distances to use a prossie? I wouldn't think so and I'd assume it was quite a localised, word-of-mouth industry in those pre-internet days.

I read about a year or so ago how a young teenage American lad who had disappeared with his car in the 1960's and despite searches that went across the States had never been seen or heard of again. They found his body in the wreck of his car a couple of years back . It was just off the road in a river a few miles from where he had lived.

How the poor lad who's body was in such an obvious place hadn't been discovered for 60 years in now even a greater mystery. I suppose that at the time of the accident everyone involved in looking for him had simply assumed that someone else had searched that spot. When you think about it even if it was a bit remote there must have been some signs of a car going in to the river - crushed vegetation broken branches and the like.

Last edited:
How interesting would it be if someone came up with a bit of kit that could detect the presence of human bodies or their remains, clothes for instance.
Imagine all the missing people and unsolved crimes. Shallow graves. It would make an interesting new twist for detectorists.

Edit. Maybe an implanted chip that was only detectable when you die.

Last edited:
Geanette.was probably murdered by Robert Black, sadly her body wasn't found though 😪

I think Andrew bumped into some shady peado at the train station in London and is also probably dead sadly 😪
Yeah I’ve heard Black theory before.
Gosden a stange one, considering the amount of CCTV about these days.
What about Crystal Palace fan Lee Boxell who went missing in the 80’s?

Back