Unrest showing in Italy and Wuhan a sign of things to come?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6694
  • Start date
Absolutely pathetic the way some people are going on, ‘I’m getting antsy’, it’s been less than a week ffs.
Maybe but people are coming to terms with the fact this last week, which has been mainly shit, is the status quo for at least another 3 months by the sounds of it.

It’s as if the doom mongers of the SMB are desperate for it to all kick off.

on the whole I think we as a country will come through this with dignity.

arseholes will be arseholes what ever the situation.

I can’t see any rioting in the streets. On the whole the UK is a country which generally accepts the government shafting us.

it hardly ever kicks off about anything
Let's wait and see what happens after months of lockdown and the long hot summer nights do for good old British morale and stiff upper lip even the most placid will be going f***ing nuts man :lol:

Last edited:
Let's wait and see what happens after months of lockdown and the long hot summer nights do for good old British morale and stiff upper lip even the most placid will be going f***ing nuts man :lol:

Where do you live to get these long hot summer nights?
Maybe but people are coming to terms with the fact this last week, which has been mainly shit, is the status quo for at least another 3 months by the sounds of it.

It’s not definitely going to be at least another three months, it might be, it might not. They are going to review it every three weeks.

Why has it been shit? Whilst it’s not been the most thrilling few days there are more than enough things to do to keep yourself occupied. It’s all about mindset, looking at it from a positive angle, take up new or more exercise, read more, do jobs around the house/garden etc. There is literally thousands and thousands of tv shows and films you can watch for £6 a month in addition to normal tv.

Last edited:
@Mainze pointed this out elsewhere as it's just been on Sky News about Italy and I've also seen Wuhan had issues. This is one concern I've had if we went into lockdown far too early as you get people panicking, pillaging etc but also the main concern being those who will just want to kick off as they get a 'kick' out of it and can start smashing things up for fun and looting etc.

This doesn't make good viewing at all and I do hope it doesn't kick off in Italy. I doubt their lockdown being lifted isn't happening anytime soon (April 3rd at the moment I think). I don't think it will happen here but there will be people in the UK who may well not be getting any money for a while and hopefully Government and shops have been planning for something. I would hope they can at least arrange to hand out 'essential' shopping items to people who really need it so that people don't go without as that bloke in Italy is talking about not even getting bread!

Also seen this linked about Lidl being stormed and another place a bloke who went shopping and got to till but says he has nothing :( (haven't seen video)

LINK to translated webpage

And the result is depicted by some hypermarkets manned by law enforcement. Watch as if it were a bank vault. However, gold bars are not protected, but the shelves with pasta, oil, biscuits and milk are protected.
The measure was adopted after an attempted assault on a supermarket took place on Thursday. In a Lidl store some people filled the shopping carts, trying to escape without paying the bill. "We have no money and we don't want to pay."

In Naples the same thing happens. A video published on various social networks captures the scene. No gesture of anger in this case. Only the discouragement of a man: put on the mask, get to the checkout and empty the trolley. Inside there are bread, tomato sauce, oil and biscuits. When the time to pay comes, he spreads his arms, says he has nothing. A group of people is formed around it. Nobody is angry. Rather. One of them says: “Call the police, the gentleman doesn't have the money for shopping. He can't eat, he didn't buy champagne and wine, he bought the essentials. "

Wuhan has also had some unrest as they're not letting people leave now the lockdown has been relaxed.

Its an absolutely fair point

and a big driver of the uK's policy, rightly or wrongly

The stark reality is, at some point countries have to go get on with life, and then accept the consequences

The world literally can't shut down for a year, society and the economy would collapse and there would be world wide disorder.

The UK knows it can't have us shut down forever.
Where do you live to get these long hot summer nights?

It’s not definitely going to be at least another three months, it might be, it might not. They are going to review it every three weeks.

Why has it been shit? Whilst it’s not been the most thrilling few days there are more than enough things to do to keep yourself occupied. It’s all about mindset, looking at it from a positive angle, take up new or more exercise, read more, do jobs around the house/garden etc. There is literally thousands and thousands of tv shows and films you can watch for £6 a month in addition to normal tv.

It will definitely be at least 3 months like. Very naive there

the question is how long after that

As someone said somewhere, we are a country that diligently honours and remembers its war dead, rightly thinks their sacrifice was this country at its finest, and the 'sacrifice' we're being asked to make is to sit on our sofas for a few weeks. Anyone who kicks off is scum.
I agree but it is a fear I have in London.

It will be twisted as justified too. Let’s hope we have enough personnel to deal with it.
Did you watch the Sky News video or just posted without watching it?

It's not the doom mongers at all, it's something that surely is in the back of most people's minds. It's the concern that people genuinely don't have means of getting food/paying bills or whatever else etc that causes unrest but then the scum jump on the back of this and want shite to kick off.

That's why it's concerning as to what's starting to happen in Italy as you've got people getting frustrated but then you've got the scum trying to start shit via social media as the video showed. It's probably happening already in India in small isolation but more due to panic. I've a feeling it will be bad in places like India, Africa etc will have a lot happen in the future. They're shooting people already!

Keeping politics out it, you say the UK hardly kicks off about anything? Do you not recall the 2011 riots when cities with nowt to do with the 1 supposed gangster shot in London had the scum showing up? Now consider how many people are affected by this lockdown but have the mentality to then go out and cause shit?

From 8 to 10 August, other towns and cities in England (including Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Derby, Wolverhampton, Nottingham, West Bromwich, Bristol, Liverpool, and Greater Manchester) saw what was described by the media as "copycat violence" - with social media playing a role

Exactly .

Last edited by a moderator:
This was all taken into account from the very start. It’s the main reason why the more severe lockdowns weren’t put in place to start with. It doesn’t stop Full time mammy, Karen from spouting off on Facebook that she knows better than health and pandemic experts though.

Tbf some of those people are being asked to lose their income, some get a bit back in July, some won’t get it back at all.

A large number of people feed themselves on their last wage.

I’m not saying it’s ok to kick off - it’s completely unacceptable - but a lot of people are losing a lot lot more than just staying in for 2 weeks.
The package that has been given should stop it as people should still be able to eat

Back