Unlucky with injuries or buying injury prone players?

We take risks on players because they are cheap. Whether that’s injury prone, lack of first team experience, or players who’ve lost their way. I know people say we’ve a good squad and are unlucky but some of them must have bad fitness records previously. Also as stated the young ones are a risk as they’ve never proved any robustness as they’ve not played senior football before.

inability to reach peak condition and stay at peak condition will be a major factor in whether a young player gets the playing minutes needed to reach their full potential . We're fishing in that pond of players with question marks over them and a lack of playing time in the mens' game has to be properly understood before we take them on.

Other than Aji. The injured first team players don’t have a history before they came I don’t think.

Evans was always injured before we brought him in, Huggins had known injuries, Cirkin had a few injuries before we brought him in and Ballard managed 1 game while game at Swindon before injury and had a couple of knee surgeries as well early in his career.

Sports science and access to info has never been a greater and yet their seems to be more injuries than ever before.
Because every club is using that science and data to push things to the extreme for those extra marginal gains. Players are being pushed right to the limit with the pace of the game getting faster and faster and the volume of games not showing any sign of respite.

As to the players we've signed being out for so long, not sure there's a correlation between injury prone in the sense of constant niggles and muscle strains Vs the tearing of an ACL.

I'm sure they admitted they sign injured players because iirc "you can't sign a fully fit Pritchard in league 1" can't remember if it was the same for Roberts aswell.

Back