Unlucky England Players

Phil Mustard - Performed reasonably well in NZ and SL, scoring his runs at a good rate. Then never seen again and replaced by Tim Ambrose 😂

James Kirtley could probably count himself lucky not to have seen more test caps too. One of his final games he got 6/34 against SA at Trent Bridge and had a bit more pace than other stand out county seamers at the time like Jon Lewis and Richard Johnson.

Phil Mustard - Performed reasonably well in NZ and SL, scoring his runs at a good rate. Then never seen again and replaced by Tim Ambrose 😂

James Kirtley could probably count himself lucky not to have seen more test caps too. One of his final games he got 6/34 against SA at Trent Bridge and had a bit more pace than other stand out county seamers at the time like Jon Lewis and Richard Johnson.
Im sure mustard scored 74in his last game as well
Englands treatment of Ben Foakes has been nothing short of shocking.
Probably because he didn't have a good season with Surrey

Some stiff competition at that time, and probably already doubts about his action, which was later called as chucking.

Morgan got the right arse when he didn't run a bye off the last ball in a T20 in NZ to ensure he remained Not Out and helped his stats - after the game Morgan came out absolutely spitting feathers about him and saying he doesn't want that sort of character in his side. Think that's what's done for Malan.
I agree with Morgan's stance tbh

Dawid Malan must just about top the list of players most done over by the England selectors.

His recent T20 stats are unreal - how does he not make this side ahead of Denly??
I don't get the Denly selection at all. Given his age, he's not going to be around for future white ball tournaments and he's hardly a Pietersen/Stokes type superstar that you show horn into your team regardless of age etc.I have no problem with him being a stop gap in the test team, but he should be nowhere near the white ball teams

Wiley's current removal from the T20 is a disgrace.

James Taylor was unlucky with his career and was kept out of contention for too long before hand, however my sympathy has reduced some what gone after he gained his job for the boys ECB role

Mike Hendrick. Excellent seam bowler who never got the credit he deserved imho. My abiding memory is of him nipping the ball past the bat without catching the edge on numerous occasions

Back