Unlucky bastards throughout history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the atom bomb survivor, this bloke could be also filed in the 'lucky bastard' drawer.

Similarly, when I read the book of 'The Perfect Storm' it mentions a sailor who had had three vessels sunk under him and survived them all. He showed up for the shift on the Andrea but got a bad feeling in his bones and walked off on launch day.

The unlucky bastard was the Jamaican roustabout who was drafted in to replace him in the last minute.

I've read that book too. His dad drove him all the way up from Florida or something didn't he and had to drive him straight back down

Like the atom bomb survivor, this bloke could be also filed in the 'lucky bastard' drawer.

Similarly, when I read the book of 'The Perfect Storm' it mentions a sailor who had had three vessels sunk under him and survived them all. He showed up for the shift on the Andrea but got a bad feeling in his bones and walked off on launch day.

The unlucky bastard was the Jamaican roustabout who was drafted in to replace him in the last minute.
Uncle Albert?

what about this bloke. bought his $17 million dollar 'winning' ticket 9 seconds too late...

"The first ticket was printed showing the May 23 date — that night’s draw. The second ticket with the winning numbers for that night’s jackpot, was printed a few seconds later with a date for the following week’s draw."

Do you think that he should have rested for a few days? I think he fought ASAP as the Normans were ravaging the lands that Harold owned.

Remember that the Normans weren't really French and that they had a lot of allies with them (and the blessing of the Pope).

William had a decent claim to the throne didn't he?

No. The English Crown wasn't inherited back then. The succession was voted on by a council of Lords although they took into account who the previous king had preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back