United Airlines - bloke dragged off plane that was overbooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bold statement of fact (fiction) with no (conclusive) evidence at all.

I wouldn't mind betting some of Mr Dao's patients wouldn't mind being seen by somebody else if they knew his history.

Anyway, it is odd that nobody else took the $1000 on offer. I would have. And stuff the patients. :)
So your employers [if you're employed] wouldn't mind you turning up for work a day late?

I'm not actually. So you can now wank off over that.
Reasonable employers won't give a shit if it's out of your control. In my experience anyway. What do you do?
By voluntarily taking the $1,000 it obviously wasn't out of your control, and yes employers would mind.

When I was involuntarily bumped off a plane (they'd sent a smaller plane due to a mechanical fault on the original one) my boss went ballistic at me even after I'd presented proof that it was totally out of my control. He'd needed me to be in a meeting and I wasn't there.

By voluntarily taking the $1,000 it obviously wasn't out of your control, and yes employers would mind.

When I was involuntarily bumped off a plane (they'd sent a smaller plane due to a mechanical fault on the original one) my boss went ballistic at me even after I'd presented proof that it was totally out of my control. He'd needed me to be in a meeting and I wasn't there.
What a prick he/she must have been. You must have resigned.

Your boss is a prick, you should have went ballistic back at him. Complain to to his boss if he has one. As he's such an idiot don't take him seriously in the future.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39617879

United Airlines is changing its policy on giving staff last-minute seats on full flights after a man was dragged screaming from an overbooked plane.

The airline said that in future crew members would be allocated seats at least an hour before departure.

I can't believe this news, after all, everyone who has suggested that option is "stupid" and "dim" according to the leading light on the subject who claims it isn't possible at all. :lol:

A bold statement of fact (fiction) with no (conclusive) evidence at all.

I wouldn't mind betting some of Mr Dao's patients wouldn't mind being seen by somebody else if they knew his history.

Anyway, it is odd that nobody else took the $1000 on offer. I would have. And stuff the patients. :)
A lot of people would lose more than that by missing a days work in the US

I can't believe this news, after all, everyone who has suggested that option is "stupid" and "dim" according to the leading light on the subject who claims it isn't possible at all. :lol:
Did any of this scenario even happen? Is this real life?

Did any of this scenario even happen? Is this real life?

It can't have done. It mustn't be. After all, what kind of airline would arbitrarily beat and throw paying customers off because of a situation they are completely aware of in advance? It is a good job that the story is made-up mind, because otherwise some people would look like massive tools for defending the airline and even claiming they have a right to act that way to passengers. :lol:

It can't have done. It mustn't be. After all, what kind of airline would arbitrarily beat and throw paying customers off because of a situation they are completely aware of in advance? It is a good job that the story is made-up mind, because otherwise some people would look like massive tools for defending the airline and even claiming they have a right to act that way to passengers. :lol:

I'm equally impressed by the security guard who had the foresight to know this doctor was indeed a wrong 'un and therefore acceptable to beat him up. God forbid they'd made a school boy error and gave the hiding to a respectable doctor by mistake.

I'm equally impressed by the security guard who had the foresight to know this doctor was indeed a wrong 'un and therefore acceptable to beat him up. God forbid they'd made a school boy error and gave the hiding to a respectable doctor by mistake.

This is why it is best to employ a security guard who is a bit of a psycho psychic.

Have I got this right....we're okay with people having their nose broken on flights if it turns out they're (allegedly) a sex offender?

Is it just this crime, or do other crimes matter too? is it a sliding scale - if you're just a petty thief is it broken fingers? What do you get for arson?

Is he actually a sex offender? All I've seen in the media, is he had secret gay sex with a man younger than him. It's never once mentioned the 'victims' age or that the younger man was actually a victim.

Is he actually a sex offender? All I've seen in the media, is he had secret gay sex with a man younger than him. It's never once mentioned the 'victims' age or that the younger man was actually a victim.
That was a different person.

Mistaken identity quickly rectified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back