Underwater Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Fleming

Striker
Been doing a little bit of snorkelling lately and the bays here and have seen some pretty funky stuff hanging around down there - a huge Blue Groper lives in a bay near me. Would love to be able to take some photos down there but not sure what to buy as a case.

I'd just be using my compact Canon Ixus. Now there are cases specifically designed for these but are around $250. Probably more than the camera would cost new. However there are more generic cases available ranging from what looks like a plastic bag with a velcro strip for $20 to what llook like better designs which will house the camera and room for the lens etc.

Has anyone used any and what would you recommend? Any tips anarl like?

il ask my bro in law that just been sailing round fiji, he showed me loads of under water pics that were great

Mate if he was using a compact for some fun shots then fair enough - but if he was diving with Jacque Cousteau's young un taking the pictures then it might be a bit out of my range, like.

Mate if he was using a compact for some fun shots then fair enough - but if he was diving with Jacque Cousteau's young un taking the pictures then it might be a bit out of my range, like.

piss off:lol:

showed me a pic of a 22 ft bull shark about 10 m away in open water:eek:

piss off:lol:

showed me a pic of a 22 ft bull shark about 10 m away in open water:eek:

I’m off for a bit of a splash around tonight at a place here called Clovelly. Anyway was just googling it earlier and the goggle predictor brought up ‘Clovelly Beach Shark Attack’. So naturally I followed it and sharted mesel to find the headline that a British bloke had his legs bitten off there by a great white. Thankfully it was that one in South Africa a couple of months back which just happens to share the name Clovelly.

Might see a Port Jackson shark if I’m lucky.

I know it's not what you're asking but I bought myself one of these - no need for casing.

Used it underwater many times with excellent results.

Aye guess a cheaper camera not in a case should potentially take a better photo. That looks a great price there but a quick search for here hasn’t found any for sale. Will check out some others though, ta.

From my brother in law

I bought a panasonic lumix DMC-TS2 which is suitable to 10 meters and
also a proper underwater housing for it which rates it to 40 meters.

The underwater housing is essential to keep the camera safe out in the
real world. The camera is only waterproof in a laborotory. Though it
is also more expensive than the camera!

From my brother in law

From my brother in law

From my brother in law

Both said the same things? Spooky that like :lol:

I bought a waterproof case for my Flip video camera job that cost about £20 and it's spot on. If that's owt to go by, the cheapo hard case jobs should be OK. Think the posher ones just give you better access to the various controls, while the cheaper ones just let you access the shutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back