Understanding flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered it

Nice one.

It's quite heavy going reading it as it's all about the technical side... I'm only about a 3rd of the way through as have to do it in small sections or I can't take it all in.

Later in the book are loads of different lighting setups etc, but I'd strongly advise starting at the beginning and persevering with all the technical stuff as that's what will help you understand flash lighting :)

Nice one.

It's quite heavy going reading it as it's all about the technical side... I'm only about a 3rd of the way through as have to do it in small sections or I can't take it all in.

Later in the book are loads of different lighting setups etc, but I'd strongly advise starting at the beginning and persevering with all the technical stuff as that's what will help you understand flash lighting :)

Thought it would be cheaper than triggers at the moment. Learn the basics with my continuous soft box light and on camera flash first

Was doing some flash work last night. Might post some pics later. Generally 1 flash fired through an umbrella.

They'd probably fall within the human form category (naked). They aren't of me.

Was doing some flash work last night. Might post some pics later. Generally 1 flash fired through an umbrella.

They'd probably fall within the human form category (naked). They aren't of me.

pervert.

It doesn't really tbh... there's a chapter on Canon speedlights but the rest is just basic flash techniques and understanding how it all works.

I don't have Canon speedlights and found it to be an excellent help.

Might download a sample chapter on kindle and give it a look then.

I would also agree. I downloaded the sample from Kindle store as I still had slight concerns on how geared up to canon users it would be but it was enough for me to take the plunge and order it.

Glad it proved a helpful suggestion... like I said it's hard going at times but really explains things well and certainly helped me understand flash a lot better even if I'm only about a 3rd of the way through so far.

I would really recommend The Hot Shoe Diaries by Joe McNally. Excellent and I'm having fun putting his ideas and walk throughs into use and (I think) getting some decent results.

I would really recommend The Hot Shoe Diaries by Joe McNally. Excellent and I'm having fun putting his ideas and walk throughs into use and (I think) getting some decent results.

I have 2 books on flash... one I've read a 3rd of in about 9 months, and one I've read 10 pages of in 6 months.

I'm not the best at learning via reading and so hardly ever pick them up, but will put it on the list for about 5 years time when I've finally finished the other 2 :lol:

ajax_andy said:
I have 2 books on flash... one I've read a 3rd of in about 9 months, and one I've read 10 pages of in 6 months.

I'm not the best at learning via reading and so hardly ever pick them up, but will put it on the list for about 5 years time when I've finally finished the other 2 :lol:

Half an hour a day at lunchtime. I'm very unsociable.

Gonna have to dig through my LEE switch pack and try find a cto gel to matchup tungsten studio light I think.

About 60 pages though and I've learned a lot already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back