Underfloor Heating!

VXi

Midfield
Lost Magpie
Anyone got it?

Easy to install? Expensive to run? Worth the money? etc.

Got a 15m2 kitchen/diner and two bedrooms approx 3m2 each.
Kitchen getting tiled bedrooms laminate.

Should be fine but remember to put two probes in as these are usually the things that fuck up so install a spare when installing, not sure I’d bother doing the laminate ones but each to their own I guess

We put it in our old house when doing the tiling in the kitchen. Got it put in by the tiler and had an electrician do the connection, that was purely for the 25 year guarantee.
I wouldn't have it again as after the initial flurry of having it on, we never really bothered with it. It certainly didn't warm the room up like the radiator did, but just took the coldness off the tiles. It was quite a draw on the electric as well as we noticed when we had a smart meter installed.

I was looking into it and spoke to an electrician I have doing some work for me and he said he has it and it’s developed an overheat fault, which is quite common so it’s a case of ripping the flooring up and replacing it which is a fuck on.

He said you still need to level the floor afterwards too so is a right pain if you do get a fault.

Got a few. Downstairs is three wet rings. One in the kitchen, one in the hallway and one in the living room. Middle floor is radiators but all 3 bathrooms have electric under floor. Top deck has electric in en suite.

I find the keep the temperature a nice steady whatever the thermostat is set to. Bills thus far absolutely fine but we've not hit winter yet.

Has anyone got it using water? I’m looking at it for the extension which is separate to the house anyway and has the floor recessed. I’m bringing the floor up to the same height as the house and removing the wall and doors to extend the room into one. As the floor level is coming up anyway then I’m wanting the heating to work off the boiler, just like a radiator. Anyone used it?

Has anyone got it using water? I’m looking at it for the extension which is separate to the house anyway and has the floor recessed. I’m bringing the floor up to the same height as the house and removing the wall and doors to extend the room into one. As the floor level is coming up anyway then I’m wanting the heating to work off the boiler, just like a radiator. Anyone used it?
This what the Romans’ did.

Great bunch of lads.

Anyone got it?

Easy to install? Expensive to run? Worth the money? etc.

Got a 15m2 kitchen/diner and two bedrooms approx 3m2 each.
Kitchen getting tiled bedrooms laminate.

We have it the place we rent at the moment, runs from a combi boiler so hot water system. Takes a bit of time to heat up as the house is all concrete floors but once it is there it is pretty nice - much prefer it to radiators though it is more of a pain in the arse if you get air in it or have a section out. Especially good in bathrooms and the cats love it - never move from the various hot spots they find.

Parents have whole ground floor with a wet system and no rads. House is always roasting and works well. Only issue is first Christmas everyone put all there gifts on the floor resulting in a shit load of melted chocolate :lol:

We have it the place we rent at the moment, runs from a combi boiler so hot water system. Takes a bit of time to heat up as the house is all concrete floors but once it is there it is pretty nice - much prefer it to radiators though it is more of a pain in the arse if you get air in it or have a section out. Especially good in bathrooms and the cats love it - never move from the various hot spots they find.

No radiators !!!!

How do ya dry ya clays ?

Can anyone remember those skirting boards that had heating pipes embedded in them?

Edit: I thought that the idea had arisen in the early 2000s and never became popular.

Last edited:

Back