Under 23s v Huddersfield u23s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its an appalling record they have really when you look at that team.

They can make all the excuses they like, but Sammut has been training and travelling with the 1st team, Taylor has played for the 1st team, Bainbridge has played for the 1st team, Mumba has played for the 1st team, Hackett has played for the 1st team, Kimpioka has played for the 1st team.

We had a decent record with the academy teams not long ago.

Questions have seriously got to be asked if Huddersfield are out performing our academy and only relying on u19s to do so.

They can make all the excuses they like, but Sammut has been training and travelling with the 1st team, Taylor has played for the 1st team, Bainbridge has played for the 1st team, Mumba has played for the 1st team, Hackett has played for the 1st team, Kimpioka has played for the 1st team.

Safc have mostly had decent youth and reserves teams going back to the old central league days.

this group it’s the same story every game.

Last edited:
Who are full of under 16's I believe

Don’t think so no. Logan is an U16 & has been a regular in the U18 squad all season.
Joe was just coming back from injury beginning of the season so hasn’t been as much.
However he’s better than just ‘best of a bad bunch’..
One person can’t change things single handed..

It all went to pot when mcnammee left. Bring him back and the academy will flourish again.

I gave Paul Reid a bit of a break early doors. I liked what I heard from that first interview. Seemed a pragmatic fella and said the right things imo. Also heard some whispers that suggested he’d been hung out to dry a little by the dynamic duo in the last year. However I don’t know how his position can’t be under serious review right now. The 18s and 23s are horrendous and some of the excuses from the club (mostly methven tbf) are incredibly hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back