Under 12's banned from heading the ball (in training)

Need to teach heading technique not ban it. most training can also be done on small size pitches where the ball doesn't drop from a great height anyway.

The balls are way lighter than even 15 years ago nevermind 50 and so the reaction is a generation outdated.

We'd also lose the art of crossing at younger levels.

How are kids supposed to learn to head the ball if you can't do it in training?

Moving forward to loads of long balls into the box and kids letting it bounce everywhere...

The yanks did this ages ago , am surprised it's taken us so long , it's the first step towards eradicating it from the game completely , people saying we should be teaching heading as s skill are talking bollox , ask Dave Watson's missus . Won't happen in my lifetime , bu eventually there won't be a need for the wykes , Lafferty's in the game anymore, it's inevitable.

The yanks did this ages ago , am surprised it's taken us so long , it's the first step towards eradicating it from the game completely , people saying we should be teaching heading as s skill are talking bollox , ask Dave Watson's missus . Won't happen in my lifetime , bu eventually there won't be a need for the wykes , Lafferty's in the game anymore, it's inevitable.

Do you reckon banning heading would lead to more or less goals?

And look how crap they are.

wonder what that means for kids who play in older age groups, an under 12 playing under 13's for example

Of course it’s sensible. Given the research it would seem bizarre to me we would ask our 6/7 year old kids to repeatedly thud their heeds against a solid object. At least until they can make their own mind up. And I’m the first person to scream nanny state etc. This just seems logical to me
The research is pretty inconclusive. And a lot of the data is based on old men who practically played a different sport with a very different ball to the football of today. These men also lived very different lifestyles to many of today's players. That's without considering the genetic factors.

Back