Ultrawide Monitors

PinzaC55

Striker
I just bought one of these 34" Ultrawide 21.9 monitors used on Ebay and if you want to spend some cash you should seriously think about getting this or a similar one. Not just for video games but watching anything on your monitor it's a real game changer. The curve supposedly reduces eye strain too.

It's like night and day with 144HZ refresh rate instead of my old monitors 60HZ.
I do think that’s the sweet spot for price. Any more than that and most people would barely notice.

For gaming, ultra wide screens are brilliant. One complaint I have is that it’s not great for work when sharing your screen on calls. Having a different aspect ratio means some people struggle to see the text. If you don’t use it for work, or don’t care then it makes no difference obviously.

I opted for triple 27 inch monitors for that reason above but I would have loved a wide screen. Another big but cheap upgrade which gave me loads of desk space back was monitor brackets rather than a stand.

Something like this:

Deal: BONTEC Dual Monitor Stand for 13-27 inch LCD LED PC Screens, Ergonomic Dual Monitor Stands for Desks, Height Adjustable Dual Monitor Arm Bracket Tilt 90° Swivel 180° Rotate 360°, VESA 75/100 https://amzn.eu/d/7vQUTVx

I do think that’s the sweet spot for price. Any more than that and most people would barely notice.

For gaming, ultra wide screens are brilliant. One complaint I have is that it’s not great for work when sharing your screen on calls. Having a different aspect ratio means some people struggle to see the text. If you don’t use it for work, or don’t care then it makes no difference obviously.

I opted for triple 27 inch monitors for that reason above but I would have loved a wide screen. Another big but cheap upgrade which gave me loads of desk space back was monitor brackets rather than a stand.

Something like this:

Deal: BONTEC Dual Monitor Stand for 13-27 inch LCD LED PC Screens, Ergonomic Dual Monitor Stands for Desks, Height Adjustable Dual Monitor Arm Bracket Tilt 90° Swivel 180° Rotate 360°, VESA 75/100 https://amzn.eu/d/7vQUTVx

I did a lot of research and two brands (Samsung and Dell) had faults such as (Samsung I think) a very flimsy stand which meant the monitor could actually wobble and the Dell used a button to clip the stand on and this frequently broke so an Ebay dealer had 200 for sale with no stands ! I don't use it for work but looking at it see what you mean about the viewing angles. It has a feature to split the screen into two but I don't know whether this makes a difference ?

This guy built an insane 3 ultrawide monitor setup

Back