ULEZ

Not much on here regarding the subject matter. (Title)
Who trusts who on this.
Net Zero.
Thoughts please.
It's nothing to do with net zero, it's about toxic emissions, NOxs mainly.

As usual the poor get penalised for years of mismanagement of the environment & car emissions.

Time would sort out the problem as cars naturally come to the end of their lives, but no, all of a sudden it's urgent & those who can't afford a new/er car are expected to pay a ridiculous amount a day.

IMO they should just expand the zone a bit further, surely the outer boroughs like Uxbridge don't need it?

And it has just lost (not gained) Labour a seat. ULEZ is the new Brexit.

Last edited:

As usual the poor get penalised for years of mismanagement of the environment & car emissions.

Time would sort out the problem as cars naturally come to the end of their lives, but no, all of a sudden it's urgent & those who can't afford a new/er car are expected to pay a ridiculous amount a day.

IMO they should just expand the zone a bit further, surely the outer boroughs like Uxbridge don't need it?

The reason I mentioned net zero is that it's always brought into ULEZ and green policys

Private cars don't pay

I scrapped a van as a result of this clean air crack .

All our work Is in Newcastle so had to weed ole Olly (that’s what he was called ) out.
Sad day went he went tbh.
Why didn’t you sell it?
Load of shit and a big con to raise revenue. There’s plenty about it on the politics board. EVs to get hit with pay per mile tax by 2030 once the camera infrastructure is in place
This^^

Price per KG once they make it mainstream and EVs are the norm. Nothing but another tax.

Last edited:
90% of cars comply, including mine, so I am told
Of cars . What about the other vehicles
People don't need to drive in London. Only vehicles needed are emergency service, public transport and work vehicles.
The extension isnt about central London

How are tradespeople meant to get around.. lugs the chop saw on the tube.

With 200 bricks and a mixer

Last edited:
It's about money. Anything else is a bonus

When every car in ULEZ is compliant, and profits fall... they'll find a new reason to charge, or they'll expand the zone. It has to make a profit. Simple as that.

I'm all for improving air quality, but I'm also cynical. The Newcastle charge will expand all over the place if it doesn't make the money they want.

Back