UK and US Death rates only countries' to be rising exponentially

Status
Not open for further replies.

First 22 seconds back up my point.
It is not possible to eradicate this.
Not once it gets in it isn't but they took no action to stop it, you need to see more than the fist few seconds I'm afraid
From the Torygraph, look at the Mail, Express, Sun, when they area against the government something is seriously wrong.

Not once it gets in it isn't but they took no action to stop it, you need to see more than the fist few seconds I'm afraid
From the Torygraph, look at the Mail, Express, Sun, when they area against the government something is seriously wrong.
It is everywhere. Unless you hermetically sealed the UK it will be here too. That is what you seem unwilling to understand.
You need to blame. No idea why.

It is everywhere. Unless you hermetically sealed the UK it will be here too. That is what you seem unwilling to understand.
Well, I have my opinion, you have yours and that's fair enough. I tend to live my life like that, e.g. still look after my own car myself (sometimes with a bit of help in lifting). Never had a breakdown on the road, I think because if I suspect something I don't wait. Did quite a big study on 19th c epidemics and I will tell you now, this lot broke all the rules, we know better now but idealism got right in the way. We may not have stopped it entirely but we could have kept it to reasonable proportions with prompt action, I can't see where you are coming from on that. Take the blue glasses off.

Impressive.are you bored by any chance?
He’s just good at what he does
Lots of similar football related data /analysis type stuff.
Only thing I sometimes find issue with is that football is not an exact science and some of what is trying to be proved is intangible and just an opinion no matter what facts and figures are used to try and make a point.

Well, I have my opinion, you have yours and that's fair enough. I tend to live my life like that, e.g. still look after my own car myself (sometimes with a bit of help in lifting). Never had a breakdown on the road, I think because if I suspect something I don't wait. Did quite a big study on 19th c epidemics and I will tell you now, this lot broke all the rules, we know better now but idealism got right in the way. We may not have stopped it entirely but we could have kept it to reasonable proportions with prompt action, I can't see where you are coming from on that. Take the blue glasses off.
What you are saying now is not what you stated earlier.
It would appear that anyone who disagrees with you is a tory.

What you are saying now is not what you stated earlier.
It would appear that anyone who disagrees with you is a tory.
Look at my posts over the past three months my opinion nas not changsd. I am not letting this mob off the hook because lives have been lost, they did nothing and we are still in a mess, asking people to treat patients with a deadly disease is criminal a total dereliction of duty. They followed Trumps idea and look at the mess over there.

Last edited:
Look at my posts over the past three months my opinion nas not changsd. I am not letting this mob off the hook because lives have been lost, they did nothing and wevare still in a mess, asking people to treat patients with a deadly disease is criminal a total dereliction of duty.

They followed the advice given at the time. If we had locked down then, what would our next step be?

This virus is everywhere, what would be your next steps? I cannot see how we can avoid deaths. All we can do is minimise unnecessary deaths.

Because it’s a lot worse for the public and especially the NHS staff than if the government had acted on advice in 2016 and prepared for a pandemic, funded the NHS properly and not gone the other way and actively cut budgets, privatised and chased nurses abroad. They also publicly celebrated these measures and pay freezes for staff.

And you have no idea why some people want to hold the horribleness greedy career politicians to account?
Baffling.
They followed the advice given at the time. If we had locked down then, what would our next step be?

This virus is everywhere, what would be your next steps? I cannot see how we can avoid deaths. All we can do is minimise unnecessary deaths.

Bolting the stable door while the horse runs into the home straight springs to mind.

Last edited:
Because it’s a lot worse for the public and especially the NHS staff than if the government had acted on advice in 2016 and prepared for a pandemic, funded the NHS properly and not gone the other way and actively cut budgets, privatised and chased nurses abroad. They also publicly celebrated these measures and pay freezes for staff.

And you have no idea why some people want to hold the horribleness greedy career politicians to account?
Baffling.

Bolting the stable door while the horse run set into the home straight springs to mind.
It would appear most Governments are in the same boat. I don't see our response much different to other countries but lets shout at people in charge anyway.

Hopefully, society has learned that we aren't invincible and it can be re ordered to lessen our impact on the environment and we can have a more robust society that is ready for future shocks.

Food chain, pollution, fitness etc etc etc. All should be reviewed and everyone needs to step up in the next few years.

It would appear most Governments are in the same boat. I don't see our response much different to other countries but lets shout at people in charge anyway.

Hopefully, society has learned that we aren't invincible and it can be re ordered to lessen our impact on the environment and we can have a more robust society that is ready for future shocks.

Food chain, pollution, fitness etc etc etc. All should be reviewed and everyone needs to step up in the next few years.
This 100%, we’re not alone in our (un)preparedness, the whole world has done it, South Korea is slightly better off in terms of equipment, testing etc, imho that’s because they’re constantly waiting for a gas or worse attack from our Kim. But the point I hope will be made that we must prepare for nature to fight back from our constant attacks whether through logging, over fishing, pollution whatever it is we can’t just keep exploiting the environment. Nature throws these pandemics every few years and they’re always seen as apocalyptic, problem is we don’t seem to learn do we.

Well looky here, another logarithmic chart but this time showing the UK below Germany which again show how selective the starting point for the data can make these lines move left and right a few days.

This is one Sky hoyed up earlier today and starts from 100 deaths. We're below Italy and on the day Germany are at now, we were below them and we're now level with France. I'm not saying Germany are going to be worse as we then shot up to 200's, 300's then 500's whereas they've yet to pass 150 in a day. (unless Sky are not using RKI figures and using another source)

Logon or register to see this image

This is the image is from the tweet in OP that shows us above Italy and France and Germany just behind us. It's using the day of the 3rd death so many varied starting dates again and using a 7 day average.

Another one showing the number of days after 10 deaths trend and obviously a daily stat, not averaged. It's got Germany below us and we're level with France and Italy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well looky here, another logarithmic chart but this time showing the UK below Germany which again show how selective the starting point for the data can make these lines move left and right a few days.

This is one Sky hoyed up earlier today and starts from 100 deaths. We're below Italy and on the day Germany are at now, we were below them and we're now level with France. I'm not saying Germany are going to be worse as we then shot up to 200's, 300's then 500's whereas they've yet to pass 150 in a day. (unless Sky are not using RKI figures and using another source)

This is the image is from the tweet in OP that shows us above Italy and France and Germany just behind us. It's using the day of the 3rd death so many varied starting dates again and using a 7 day average.

Another one showing the number of days after 10 deaths trend and obviously a daily stat, not averaged. It's got Germany below us and we're level with France and Italy.

In summary all these graphs are meaningless bollocks

In summary all these graphs are meaningless bollocks
Not really but they can be selective to show different things. Even so, the professionals can still interpret the data shown far better plus they'll be aware of other data etc. Whereas someone just flicking onto Sky News might think, "ooooh, we're level with France and the Dutch, only Sweden is below us but they're miles behind" yet if you look at the 2nd pic out of those 3, we're now heading in a straight line in recent days and not curving off so above France and Germany who have curved slightly. So 2 graphs and 2 potentially different outlooks depending on how you look at it. All I hope for is we don't break 700 deaths tomorrow but my hopes are fading! :(

Every other country at equivalent points was starting to see the death increase rate taper off, including Italy.

Looks like the week of Stay at home, maybe, please, sort of, but dont close anything, and the failure to treat London with the exceptional care it required is going to lead to quite the reckoning.

Someone on that thread says that the UK and the US are the only countries to treat it as much as a PR emergency as a Public Health crisis, and sadly I think theres something in that

It's alright man London got a super quick built hospital the rest of the country will maybe get one. As per London first.

I’ve said all along that there are 3 main problems with our reaction to this crisis

The first was the lack of general pandemic planning, even after the NHS failed the government’s own scenarios in 2016, and before people come back and say ‘you can’t plan for a pandemic’ you can or what was the point of running the scenario in the first place?

The second was political dogma which was ,we are Britain and we know better and won’t have the same issues as other countries. I call it the ‘Brexit’ spirit.

The third and I think most crucial was that the government right from the start have been reactive rather than proactive in their actions. We weren’t the first country to be hit by the virus but we wasted at least 3 weeks sticking our head in the sand rather than trying to get ahead of the game learning from the trends and mistakes of other countries.
They took fiddling while Rome burned literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back