U21's

Marko

Striker
When Premier league teams enter the Papa John's trophy they field their U21 side and never manage to get near to winning it even though they are only playing League 1 and League 2 teams. Bearing this in mind, why have our owners , even as late as January , left us with a team that is basically an U21 team hoping to compete against Championship standard teams ? Don't make the injury crisis as an excuse for them either, most of the experienced players out injured were out before the window had shut. Criminally irresponsible recruitment by those at the helm. FTM

We'll soon find out if our "first team" is league 1 standard. I'd bet it isn't, Swindon town would give us a tough game and they ain't league 1.

Whilst I buy the point, we lack experience, it’s not quite true

Patterson - 23
O’Nien - 29
Ballard - 24
Clarke - 23
Neil - 22
Roberts - 27

They’re all part of our strongest 11 without doubt

You’ve then got Ekwah (22), Alese (23), Cirkin (21), Huggins (23) and Hume (21) - a combination who would play

That’s a bit different to a team of 17-20 year olds

Patterson - 23
O’Nien - 29
Ballard - 24
Clarke - 23
Neil - 22
Roberts - 27

You’ve then got Ekwah (22), Alese (23), Cirkin (21), Huggins (23) and Hume (21) - a combination who would play

Two of whom likely won’t be here next season

Patterson - 23
O’Nien - 29
Ballard - 24
Clarke - 23
Neil - 22
Roberts - 27

None of our players have had success in the championship apart from reaching the playoffs once.

None of them know how to get out of a difficult situation. For example when things got tough under Mowbray the only option was to change the manager as none of the players had experience of getting out of a situation like that.

From the second Evans got injured none of our players were able to take control and calm things down a bit.

I see what your point is, some of our players have played a fair few games I guess the better way of saying it would be we lack any valuable experience.

Two of whom likely won’t be here next season
Indeed. The lack of experience is a real concern, the lack of a striker is unforgivable

Was more just pointing out that we’re not playing a team of under 21s
None of our players have had success in the championship apart from reaching the playoffs once.

None of them know how to get out of a difficult situation. For example when things got tough under Mowbray the only option was to change the manager as none of the players had experience of getting out of a situation like that.

From the second Evans got injured none of our players were able to take control and calm things down a bit.

I see what your point is, some of our players have played a fair few games I guess the better way of saying it would be we lack any valuable experience.
Don’t disagree at all.

it’s the lack of mix that’s annoying. Look at England; we will probably play Bellingham, Foden and Saka. All 20-23. But alongside Kane etc

Last edited:

Patterson - 23
O’Nien - 29
Ballard - 24
Clarke - 23
Neil - 22
Roberts - 27

We just fielded the youngest team ever to play in the championship against Southampton 🤷‍♂️

Patterson - 23
O’Nien - 29
Ballard - 24
Clarke - 23
Neil - 22
Roberts - 27

They our core players who have been flogged to death because of the dross Speakman has foisted on us being nowhere near those lads

Back