TV shows that started of great and then went crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awesome telly.....

I'll get shot here but breaking bad was ok for the first few shows, then it just got a bit shite, I didn't watch till the end.....

same with Lost, first few series were great, then just went daft...

The News.... Jan Leeming leaving made it shite...
Breaking Bad you just had to make it through the first couple of episodes, without doubt the greatest series ever made. Give it another go once he starts getting mixed up with "baddies" its f***ing ace mate. Also the final episode blew the f***ing doors off.
Vikings was brilliant until Ragnor left the series then it all kind of turned into a bit of a chore.

Last edited:
Mr Bean is one of our most exported comedies and many countries abroad judge British comedy by it, which is strange as I have not heard of anyone above the age of 12 in this country watching it.

I do an online pub quiz and a German bloke on that recently said "Funnier than your Mr Bean", in an attempt to bait us. It was followed by a general shrug from the Brits and someone said "erm that is a pretty low bar". He was led to believe that everyone here loves Mr Bean and watches it all the time, splitting their sides with laughter at his funny facial expressions and comedy grunts as he tries to do something simple.
My kids who are both under 10 think mr beans hilarious and watch the films, cartoons and tv series, I couldn’t stand it as a kid but having been forced to watch it, it’s not too bad 😳

Mr Bean is one of our most exported comedies and many countries abroad judge British comedy by it, which is strange as I have not heard of anyone above the age of 12 in this country watching it.

I do an online pub quiz and a German bloke on that recently said "Funnier than your Mr Bean", in an attempt to bait us. It was followed by a general shrug from the Brits and someone said "erm that is a pretty low bar". He was led to believe that everyone here loves Mr Bean and watches it all the time, splitting their sides with laughter at his funny facial expressions and comedy grunts as he tries to do something simple.

It's loved internationally because there's next to no dialogue, as much as anything.

I've not watched a single episode. Is it worth starting? Baring in mind you've just said it turns to shit at some point
It was unmissable at the time but not sure how well it will have aged tbh. Just went properly daft once they lost their way tho. Most people had just commited so much of their time to it they felt they had to stick it out to the end.

Lost was absolutely mint at the beginning mind. Proper mind blowing telly.
Aye you had no clue where it was going, unfortunately neither did the writers apparently. Heroes has also been mentioned and that suffered a similar fate where a great idea meanders all over then they do what essentially American shows do and invoke the 'anything can now happen ' rule, which is just when I switch off, Manifesto has gone a similar way and it's just shit, bad writing trying to milk out another series or two.

I think the criticism of Homeland is unfair

I though it was solid throughout, the season with the US Embassy in Pakistan was excellent.

The walking dead just bores me now,- find home- enemy- few die- kill enemy- repeat....

Aye you had no clue where it was going, unfortunately neither did the writers apparently. Heroes has also been mentioned and that suffered a similar fate where a great idea meanders all over then they do what essentially American shows do and invoke the 'anything can now happen ' rule, which is just when I switch off, Manifesto has gone a similar way and it's just shit, bad writing trying to milk out another series or two.
Lost was a victim of its own success. The writers always knew how they wanted it to end but the network wanted it to go on longer than they did so they had to insert stuff in the middle which they hadn’t planned for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back