Turtles heed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ayesane

Logon or register to see this image

tee hee..

I'm very impressed with me macro lens, and I'm finding looking for creepy crawlys with the bairn a load of fun! and who thought taking flower photos could be such a laugh.

Where am I going wrong though? things seem to be coming out very flat :(

is it processing, lighting, my angle, or... ?

Logon or register to see this image

My best effort at a bee.. really difficult to photograph as I'm scared of them. look at the camera shake!

Last edited by a moderator:

I think macro lenses generally have shallow depth of field, if that's what you mean by flat.

Nice pics though.

I think macro lenses generally have shallow depth of field, if that's what you mean by flat.

Nice pics though.

aye, the DOF is paper thin. I would have thought that would have created some depth, but no.

Cheers, on the nice pics bit marra - but I need to keep practising.

aye, the DOF is paper thin. I would have thought that would have created some depth, but no.

Cheers, on the nice pics bit marra - but I need to keep practising.

I think this is the most important thing when it comes to macro. it's really easy to think you're doing macro well when you start off because everything looks so new to you. The hardest thing with macro is taking well composed, interesting shots IMO

I think this is the most important thing when it comes to macro. it's really easy to think you're doing macro well when you start off because everything looks so new to you. The hardest thing with macro is taking well composed, interesting shots IMO

this! by far and away this. Perhaps that's what is missing, good composition would definetly add depth - i'm focusing too much on getting the thing in focus i think :lol:

Yep you certainly do :lol::lol:

Just kidding, nice and clear them...

cheers ken, but they're shit :) They looked class on the LCD but when i got them home (excited as out) i was very disappointed. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back