Turning off highlight markers on Discovery Plus

Ottery

Full Back
Sorry, bit of a techical question: does anyone know if it possible to set Discovery Plus so you don't see the highlight markers (which give away when wickets are going to fall, or not) when watching on catchup.

Sorry, bit of a techical question: does anyone know if it possible to set Discovery Plus so you don't see the highlight markers (which give away when wickets are going to fall, or not) when watching on catchup.
There is a button to click. It's to the left of the screen, like a line and three dots best way to describe it.

Have found that on Ipad the entire timeline comes up whether you want to or not which spoils game watching as live, so you've got to cover the screen except the button to avoid spoiler(first day of first test much to my annoyance was spoilt)

On other devices(firestick, lenovo laptop and android phone)the moments on the timeline appear as you get to them, like it used to on BT sport app. So spoiler free even with timeline turned on.

There is a button to click. It's to the left of the screen, like a line and three dots best way to describe it.

Have found that on Ipad the entire timeline comes up whether you want to or not which spoils game watching as live, so you've got to cover the screen except the button to avoid spoiler(first day of first test much to my annoyance was spoilt)

On other devices(firestick, lenovo laptop and android phone)the moments on the timeline appear as you get to them, like it used to on BT sport app. So spoiler free even with timeline turned on.
Thanks so much. I'm running it through my 'smart tv' and have resorted to getting my lad, who has patience for my eccentricity, to set it up for me (the markers disappear after 20 seconds). He then threatens to tell me the score for the rest of the evening. Or comes into the living room, and says, 'oh, I'm going to watch this bit'.

Thanks so much. I'm running it through my 'smart tv' and have resorted to getting my lad, who has patience for my eccentricity, to set it up for me (the markers disappear after 20 seconds). He then threatens to tell me the score for the rest of the evening. Or comes into the living room, and says, 'oh, I'm going to watch this bit'.

Give him a clip!

What a load of bollocks, Sky Q does not let you watch the sports on Discovery plus, for no extra cost although their advertising blurb implies it does!

I have just installed the D+ app & very pleased with it. Watching the cycling first live, then on the playback but no timeline markers. They were there over the weekend & are still there on playback, but not there today on two different races, is this common? I watch on an LG TV. Any help would be great. 😀

I have just installed the D+ app & very pleased with it. Watching the cycling first live, then on the playback but no timeline markers. They were there over the weekend & are still there on playback, but not there today on two different races, is this common? I watch on an LG TV. Any help would be great. 😀
Yeah sometimes they don't bother to put them on. Was the same when it was the BT Sport app.

The NZ/Aus cricket doesn't have them on for example.

You can raise off a request about it as I did when I was having bother during first test with it for India/England. Low and behold fixed for second test.

Perhaps if they realise more demand for it on certain events then will put them on for more.

Last edited:

Back