Turbo trainers

Jacksnuts

Midfield
Can you get a decent one for under £100?

I’m a bit faddy and I’m not a serious cyclist but I have a canny bike from when I used to commute.

Just need to buy something to get me back on the fitness route

I’ve got no room for an exercise bike

Can you get a decent one for under £100?

I’m a bit faddy and I’m not a serious cyclist but I have a canny bike from when I used to commute.

Just need to buy something to get me back on the fitness route

I’ve got no room for an exercise bike
Honest answer: no.

This is probably the best you’ll get in that price range, and it’s £179. Unless you somehow manage to haggle one second hand.

(If you fancy being really classic old school, I have some Elite Rollers which I’d be happy to sell you for under £100 though 😉)

Last edited:
Honest answer: no.

This is probably the best you’ll get in that price range, and it’s £179. Unless you somehow manage to haggle one second hand.

(If you fancy being really classic old school, I have some Elite Rollers which I’d be happy to sell you for under £100 though 😉)
Rollers are meant to be hard to to master aren’t they?

Rollers are meant to be hard to to master aren’t they?
Obviously a lot harder than a turbo trainer as they require a lot more concentration and balance from the outset. You get the hang of it though. And they do absolute wonders for the smoothness of your cadence. Used to swear by them.

Mind you, I still used a turbo trainer over the winter too, especially set up to try and replicate climbing and for workouts like Russian Steps etc through the winter.

Back