Trying to lose weight

Gingga

Striker
As many of you know I have a up and down few years.

I lost loads of weight while I was undergoing treatment and because of the steroids I had to take I put on a load of beef after my treatment.

Last week I decided to join a gym and try and do something about it. First day I struggled to do 5k on the bike and 2 weeks later I am able to do 20k.

My goal is to lose around a stone.

As many of you know I have a up and down few years.

I lost loads of weight while I was undergoing treatment and because of the steroids I had to take I put on a load of beef after my treatment.

Last week I decided to join a gym and try and do something about it. First day I struggled to do 5k on the bike and 2 weeks later I am able to do 20k.

My goal is to lose around a stone.
Well done for making a start!

What changes are you making to your diet?

None as I have always eat healthy, very little processed food and the occasional take away.
Nice one, it will probably still be easier/quicker to lose weight via diet than exercise, but if you’re doing something that you enjoy then fair play.

A lot of people over-compensate on their eating behaviour when they do exercise. E.g. I finished at the gym at 7pm yesterday and I was eating until 9pm as I felt very hungry.

Losing weight ≠ losing fat. Important to know your body composition, not just your weight. Losing weight ≠ healthy. Important to ensure you’re getting all the necessary nutrition for your body to thrive. Good luck!

Use the myfitnesspal app. Its free, you can scan barcodes and track calorie intake also has other users recipes on there too. Easy to use also.

Myfitnesspal is great is you mostly eat pre-packaged foods but more of a faff if you like cooking especially if you are one just to chuck ingredients in rather than measuring them.

Myfitnesspal is great is you mostly eat pre-packaged foods but more of a faff if you like cooking especially if you are one just to chuck ingredients in rather than measuring them.
It gets easier the more you use it. I tend to cook from scratch most of the time and once you have your base ingredients in it’s pretty fast filling it in. I can map my days food out the night before within 2 minutes but yes, you have to weigh things. If that’s too much stress, just weigh the calorie dense items, butter, oil etc etc, don’t get too worried about veg. It’s really minimal effort though if you genuinely want to control your food intake

Last edited:
I recommend you give team rh a bash. Will give you a structure to your training, a diet plan with daily calorie intake and macros. He's really sensible with it and this still allows you to eat some shit food (within reason)
I've been doing it around 7 weeks and I've lost a stone. I was 14 clem when I started so not massive by any stretch.
Lad who runs it is a Sunderland lad. Is honest as fuck and good value on social media as well. He used to get on here not sure if he still does. User name was @supersesh i think but could be wrong on that. It's 6.99 a month, gave me a kick up the arse. That and myfitness pal has given me a structure.

I'm now a bit pissed on training and eating right and really enjoying it. I was pissed off the other day cos I couldnt make the gym which was a first for me.

I do 15k steps a day and train 4 days a week. I was probably doing 10k steps a day before hand but thinking nowt of eating a full packet of family bag sweets and a full packet of biscuits.
I'm never hungry now and thats not always hitting my calorie goal and being under it.

I recommend you give team rh a bash. Will give you a structure to your training, a diet plan with daily calorie intake and macros. He's really sensible with it and this still allows you to eat some shit food (within reason)
I've been doing it around 7 weeks and I've lost a stone. I was 14 clem when I started so not massive by any stretch.
Lad who runs it is a Sunderland lad. Is honest as fuck and good value on social media as well. He used to get on here not sure if he still does. User name was @supersesh i think but could be wrong on that. It's 6.99 a month, gave me a kick up the arse. That and myfitness pal has given me a structure.

I'm now a bit pissed on training and eating right and really enjoying it. I was pissed off the other day cos I couldnt make the gym which was a first for me.

I do 15k steps a day and train 4 days a week. I was probably doing 10k steps a day before hand but thinking nowt of eating a full packet of family bag sweets and a full packet of biscuits.
I'm never hungry now and thats not always hitting my calorie goal and being under it.
Smashing it mate, keep up the great work. Really appreciate the shout out as well . Very grateful 💪🏼

Back