Trevor Carson

bowers2

Striker
He is the Morecambe goalkeeper and some will remember him as a part of our squad. I know he had limited appearances for us, but he is in fine form for them.

I expect him to have a worldie on Saturday.

He is the Morecambe goalkeeper and some will remember him as a part of our squad. I know he had limited appearances for us, but he is in fine form for them.

I expect him to have a worldie on Saturday.
Sorry, what?

Other than the quality save against Oxford, I’d say he’s been bog standard league one.

He has ended up carving out a decent pro career for himself, with international caps to boot, I’d like to wish him well but considering the importance of the match on Saturday I’ll refrain.

I recognise the fact that they have leaked goals, from what I’ve seen and the fans of Morecambe have stated, he has had a fantastic season.
We should give him a great reception.

Ps, he was with us the season we went to the prem under Keane and the year that Morecambe got promoted to the football league.

You might remember Morecambe's keeper, Kyle Letheren, from the game up at our place. He was massively overweight and looked, and played, like a Sunday league GK.

Prior to the beginning of January, he was in and out of their starting 11 and during that period had one of the worst goals prevented rates in the division at a similar rate to the likes of Mitov at Cambridge.

Unbelievable, Morecambe actually had a worse GK in Jokull Andersson who shared duties with Letheren and who had an even worse goals prevented rate than the Welshman!

Morecambe finally lost patience, got rid of both and brought in Trevor Carson plus a new 2nd choice in January and that has solved their issue. Carson is nothing special, performing at a pretty average rate, but average probably feels like Allisson to Morecambe's fans now! If they had Carson from game 1, they'd likely have well over 50 points now.

You might remember Morecambe's keeper, Kyle Letheren, from the game up at our place. He was massively overweight and looked, and played, like a Sunday league GK.

Prior to the beginning of January, he was in and out of their starting 11 and during that period had one of the worst goals prevented rates in the division at a similar rate to the likes of Mitov at Cambridge.

Unbelievable, Morecambe actually had a worse GK in Jokull Andersson who shared duties with Letheren and who had an even worse goals prevented rate than the Welshman!

Morecambe finally lost patience, got rid of both and brought in Trevor Carson plus a new 2nd choice in January and that has solved their issue. Carson is nothing special, performing at a pretty average rate, but average probably feels like Allisson to Morecambe's fans now! If they had Carson from game 1, they'd likely have well over 50 points now.
Pretty much well summed up. Carson has been a steady away keeper wherever he’s played.

Back