Transgender weightlifter

So she still has a nob? :eek: surely you have to go the whole hog if you are going to be entering female comps. @Charmless Man man could just hoy a wig on and be golden here.
I don't know but basically the rules are:

Trans women still face some obstacles to taking part in women’s events, requiring a consistent testosterone level “below 10 nmol/L” – but there is no longer a restriction relating to gender surgery.

You have to have them test levels for a year before competition and identify as a woman

Last time I did a snatch it all went wrong.
probably rushed it

The reason we are in this position is because there has been an argument in sociology that started in the 50's about a concept called 'gender'. The argument is that 'gender' is separate from the biological sex of an individual. Gender is supposed to be a socially constructed concept, i.e. we tend to wear what we deem appropriate for our gender because of social conditioning and expectations. This was an interesting argument that has gone on for several decades. However, in the last few years the level of intelligence required to move in academic circles has plummeted. This has resulted in a sizable group of people muddling the concept of 'gender' and 'biological sex', yet for some reason (probably because it is a sensitive area) nobody has been able to successfully challenge or correct them. The result is that there is a vocal group of people that are absolutely convinced that men and women have no biological differences.

I am not making this up, there are people in positions of influence that are absolutely convinced that this is a fact, even though it can be disproved by standing with a member of the opposite sex and comparing and contrasting the contents of our underpants. I have heard these people say without a hint of irony that biological differences between the sexes were disproved "decades ago". What is more, these people often seem to believe that when someone 'transitions' they are actually biologically changing from a man into a woman or vice-versa, even though this is a biological impossibility. They might take hormones and suppressants, but they are medicating against their biological homeostasis, they are not biologically changing sex.

Unfortunately these people with these daft ideas have the ears of officials, and officials are generally stupid, and thus we now have biological males competing in weightlifting against biological females.

I'm all for supporting transgender people, but this to me is just cheating. Even if they take hormone therapy to reduce their testosterone production, and up their estrogen, they've benefited from decades of having male levels of testosterone. It's just not fair on the other competitors.
Same as steroid use - it ups the potential of your strength even after you've used them. Its clearly unfair.

Its a different muscular frame too, which I assume helps.

Same as steroid use - it ups the potential of your strength even after you've used them. Its clearly unfair.

Its a different muscular frame too, which I assume helps.

Something that I have never entirely understood it that when a bloke is abusing testosterone orsimilar their nob will shrink down to a very small size, yet when a women is abusing testosterone their clitoris often ends up bigger than the bloke's dicks, and by some margin. There are some absolute wallapers out there.

I reckon the Y-chromosone would argue it's a man.

The brain tells people to do all sorts of things (think OCD, Schizophrenia, agoraphobia and such like) its very powerful, your brain telling you you're a woman doesn't make you a woman.

I reckon the Y-chromosone would argue it's a man.

The brain tells people to do all sorts of things (think OCD, Schizophrenia, agoraphobia and such like) its very powerful, your brain telling you you're a woman doesn't make you a woman.
Dolphinplasty anyone?

Something that I have never entirely understood it that when a bloke is abusing testosterone orsimilar their nob will shrink down to a very small size, yet when a women is abusing testosterone their clitoris often ends up bigger than the bloke's dicks, and by some margin. There are some absolute wallapers out there.
Nob won't but ya balls can with some people.

I don't know but basically the rules are:
You have to have them test levels for a year before competition and identify as a woman

I was thinking about this a bit more today, and it just seems so ridiculous to reduce it to testosterone levels. A man's hips and knees are differently proportioned to women. The load is distributed completely differently in men to how it is distributed in women. It is just crazy.

Is it because it’s not true?

The reason we are in this position is because there has been an argument in sociology that started in the 50's about a concept called 'gender'. The argument is that 'gender' is separate from the biological sex of an individual. Gender is supposed to be a socially constructed concept, i.e. we tend to wear what we deem appropriate for our gender because of social conditioning and expectations. This was an interesting argument that has gone on for several decades. However, in the last few years the level of intelligence required to move in academic circles has plummeted. This has resulted in a sizable group of people muddling the concept of 'gender' and 'biological sex', yet for some reason (probably because it is a sensitive area) nobody has been able to successfully challenge or correct them. The result is that there is a vocal group of people that are absolutely convinced that men and women have no biological differences.

I am not making this up, there are people in positions of influence that are absolutely convinced that this is a fact, even though it can be disproved by standing with a member of the opposite sex and comparing and contrasting the contents of our underpants. I have heard these people say without a hint of irony that biological differences between the sexes were disproved "decades ago". What is more, these people often seem to believe that when someone 'transitions' they are actually biologically changing from a man into a woman or vice-versa, even though this is a biological impossibility. They might take hormones and suppressants, but they are medicating against their biological homeostasis, they are not biologically changing sex.

Unfortunately these people with these daft ideas have the ears of officials, and officials are generally stupid, and thus we now have biological males competing in weightlifting against biological females.

You been listening to Jordan Peterson? Speaks very well on this subject, been on the Joe Rogan Podcast a few times.

You been listening to Jordan Peterson? Speaks very well on this subject, been on the Joe Rogan Podcast a few times.

I have seen it happening for years, but Dr Peterson is one of the few academics that have made similar observations. There is a discussion out there where an academic makes that statement about there being no biological difference between the sexes. Such people should have their funding withdrawn. They are clearly ignoring the most basic of scientific facts and denying reality because of their ideological beliefs.

Back