Transferwise - making a foreign payment (euros)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Striker
Need to pay 400 euro deposit on an apartment, anybody done this before ?
can use my bank but get £9 charge and shit exchange rate , but came across website Transferwise which offers much better exchange rate - has any body used this before ?

can use my bank but get £9 charge and shit exchange rate , but came across website Transferwise which offers much better exchange rate - has any body used this before ?
Yep, use it once a week, never had any issue, good exchange rates, normally a very quick transfer. Go for it, it’s spot on.

I use PayPal for transferring/paying in Euro's. Exchange rate is about 5c less than the going VISA rate but they convert to £ before taking your lowie from your account. That way you don't pay any transaction charges.

Aye transferwise is decent - use it regular

Yes. They say they are fee free, but your bank may charge you 40 sheets for the transaction. Mine did (Lloyds)

Just paid a bill in Euros this morning using said card. Excellent imo.

They've had a ton of problems lately with their payment processor failing mind. Their reputation is going to take a battering unless they sort that out very soon.

For the casual user (or doing things like in the OP) it's not a problem, but if I was away for a long period I'd be looking at alternatives for the time being.

They've had a ton of problems lately with their payment processor failing mind. Their reputation is going to take a battering unless they sort that out very soon.

For the casual user (or doing things like in the OP) it's not a problem, but if I was away for a long period I'd be looking at alternatives for the time being.
Yeah I have seen that problem, been ok so far for me.

As per numerous above, use it for euros to gbp regular, never had a problem, not too much of a clart on to get set up either

Went down again today. They're having an awful time.

I couldn't make a payment to Ali express the other day on it, no idea why, but so far I've not been impressed, had issues getting set up, then issues topping up, then a payment issue.

I couldn't make a payment to Ali express the other day on it, no idea why, but so far I've not been impressed, had issues getting set up, then issues topping up, then a payment issue.

I'd advise leaving it alone until they move to a new payment processor. They seem to be having problems on a daily basis at the minute.

Growing too quickly.

Clear your inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back