Training twice a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

UaeExile

Winger
Anyone here done it? If so, how did you find it?

MrsExile goes away for three weeks so I'm going to have an unusual amount of time on my hands and fancy trying something new at the gym.

I could quite easily train in the morning before work, and then again in the evening and I only plan to do it for three weeks - so not sure if over training will be too much of a problem?

I normally do cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon or evening 3 times a week, with no problems at all. On my days off from weights I'll do cardio if I can

I normally do cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon or evening 3 times a week, with no problems at all. On my days off from weights I'll do cardio if I can

I don't do weights twice a day, not sure what you mean, of if that's good/bad, but do weights/boxing or run in the morning, box on an evening most days.

I train twice a day, every day apart from Sunday, but be intelligent about it, listen to your body and don't just go balls to the wall.

I've done both, but with my new HIT regime similar to that of Dorian Yates , rest is probablys more important than over-training, and its working better for me so far than split training.
Depends what your goals are once again

I've done both, but with my new HIT regime similar to that of Dorian Yates , rest is probablys more important than over-training, and its working better for me so far than split training.
Depends what your goals are once again

Split training is...well broad, but I assume you meant typical "bro-split" similar to:

Monday: Chest/tris
Tuesday: Abs
Wednesday: Back/bis
Thursday: Abs
Friday: Shoulders/traps
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Rest

Split training is...well broad, but I assume you meant typical "bro-split" similar to:

Monday: Chest/tris
Tuesday: Abs
Wednesday: Back/bis
Thursday: Abs
Friday: Shoulders/traps
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Rest

very similar to my training routine just on different days, abs is a killer :lol:

It was a similar split to Layne Norton POWER/HYPERTROPHY , basicaly training each bodypart twice a week , didn't benefit me as much as HIT training is at the moment.

It was a similar split to Layne Norton POWER/HYPERTROPHY , basicaly training each bodypart twice a week , didn't benefit me as much as HIT training is at the moment.
The programme I'm following at the minute is training the same body part twice a day. Heavy in the morning and lighter in the evening.

Had great success training people with variations of the PHAT training protocol. Layne's a quality person aswell, got his second DVD on the way actually.

The programme I'm following at the minute is training the same body part twice a day. Heavy in the morning and lighter in the evening.

Would be much more beneficial to just hit the same bodypart several times a week on different days. Muscle protein synthesis is going to be elevated more consistently and it will allow for more progressive tension overload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back