Cable crossovers
Incline cable crossovers

Tue - Shoulders
Military press
Dubmell press
Upright rows
Shrugs
Lateral and front raises

Weds - Legs & biceps/ triceps (combining legs with bis n tris at the mo because I tore my hamstring a few weeks ago so struggle to get much done on legs
Bi/tri
Concentration curls
Dumbell curls
Cable curls
Triceps extension
Overhead tri extension
Pushdowns
Preacher curls

Legs
Squats
Press
Extension
Curls
Dumbell lunges

Thursday - back
Lat pull down
Seated rows
Dumbell rows
Machine rows
Deaf lifts

I usually play football on a sunday and 5 a side twice a week so don't do any cardiovascular in the gym other than 3 minutes on the rowing machine and 5 mins on the bike before the weights to warm up.

Like I say still very much learning but I've seen some small gains in a couple months so sticking with the above for now. I'm finding the diet the most difficult to control

Monday: Squat, bench, powerclean
Tuesday: 1 hour football training
Wednesday: Squat, Dead, OHP
Thursday:rest
Friday: Squat, Bench, Powerclean
Saturday:rest
Sunday: 90min football

Only just started again after a long time off so none of this is set in stone.

Sunday: Upper
Monday: Lower
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Upper
Thursday: Lower
Friday: Rest
Saturday: HIIT

Probably do this for another few weeks until I split it up.

Recently started at the gym and still learning but my routine is as follows:

Mon - Chest
Incline press
Incline dumbell press
Flat dumbell press
Cable crossovers
Incline cable crossovers

Tue - Shoulders
Military press
Dubmell press
Upright rows
Shrugs
Lateral and front raises

Weds - Legs & biceps/ triceps (combining legs with bis n tris at the mo because I tore my hamstring a few weeks ago so struggle to get much done on legs
Bi/tri
Concentration curls
Dumbell curls
Cable curls
Triceps extension
Overhead tri extension
Pushdowns
Preacher curls

Legs
Squats
Press
Extension
Curls
Dumbell lunges

Thursday - back
Lat pull down
Seated rows
Dumbell rows
Machine rows
Deaf lifts

I usually play football on a sunday and 5 a side twice a week so don't do any cardiovascular in the gym other than 3 minutes on the rowing machine and 5 mins on the bike before the weights to warm up.

Like I say still very much learning but I've seen some small gains in a couple months so sticking with the above for now. I'm finding the diet the most difficult to control

If you've only just started that's not a great routine to follow TBH.

Last edited:
Recently started at the gym and still learning but my routine is as follows:

Mon - Chest
Incline press
Incline dumbell press
Flat dumbell press
Cable crossovers
Incline cable crossovers

Tue - Shoulders
Military press
Dubmell press
Upright rows
Shrugs
Lateral and front raises

Bi/tri
Concentration curls
Dumbell curls
Cable curls
Triceps extension
Overhead tri extension
Pushdowns
Preacher curls

Legs
Squats
Press
Extension
Curls
Dumbell lunges

Thursday - back
Lat pull down
Seated rows
Dumbell rows
Machine rows
Deaf lifts

Unless everything before is very light warm up work, why would you do deadlifts last on 'back day'? Should be the primary movement.

Unless everything before is very light warm up work, why would you do deadlifts last on 'back day'? Should be the primary movement.
Not necessarily in order there mate was just trying to remember the exercises but I do start with deadlifts usually, skipping them at the minute though cos of my hamstring

Only just started again after a long time off so none of this is set in stone.

Sunday: Upper
Monday: Lower
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Upper
Thursday: Lower
Friday: Rest
Saturday: HIIT

Probably do this for another few weeks until I split it up.

If you've only just started that's not a great routine to follow TBH.
Happy to receive any guidance offered.

Mon - Chest/Back 1
Tues - Shoulders/Arms 1
Wed - Legs
Frid - Chest/Back 2

Mon - Shoulder/Arms 2
Tues - Legs
Wed - Chest/Back 1
Frid - Shoulders/Arms 1

Mon - Legs
Tues - Chest/Back 2
Wed - Shoulders/Arms 2
Frid - Legs

Not necessarily in order there mate was just trying to remember the exercises but I do start with deadlifts usually, skipping them at the minute though cos of my hamstring

Happy to receive any guidance offered.

You're doing almost as many exercises for your biceps as you are for your entire lower body. And you're also waiting a full week to train a body part which was recovered and ready to go 4/5 days earlier.

Not the best article, but it might give you some idea of different training splits.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/top-3-muscle-building-routines-max-muscle-gains.htm

Mon - Chest/Back 1
Tues - Shoulders/Arms 1
Wed - Legs
Frid - Chest/Back 2

Mon - Shoulder/Arms 2
Tues - Legs
Wed - Chest/Back 1
Frid - Shoulders/Arms 1

Mon - Legs
Tues - Chest/Back 2
Wed - Shoulders/Arms 2
Frid - Legs

Into my third week of this and enjoying it. Each body part is getting trained 3 times in a 2 week period and that days session varies each week.

I think this is one of those days where I need to listen to my body. Hamstrings, quads and groin are just knackered. I've been foam rolling twice a day to try and sort it but they're still just fucked. The groin in particular feels like an injury waiting to happen. So I'm still going to squat tonight but I'm going to do my warm ups and then stop. Normally I'd do a lot of volume but not today. It'd be really silly of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back