Training frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargentQ

Striker
What's yours?

Use to do Monday to Thursday weights and cardio ( 5km) run on a weekend but started to find that in my Thursday session I was tiring, so now I am doing mon - weds weights Saturday run Sunday weights, finding that rest on Thursday & Friday is making things a lot better

Wednesday: High volume squats, bench, stiff-legged deadlifts and overhead press.
Thursday: Mid volume, beltless high bar squats, close-grip bench, rack pulls and pull ups.
Friday: Off
Saturday: High volume accessory stuff like hamstring curls, leg extensions and general abdominal work.
Sunday: Squat, Bench, Deadlift. Working very near to my maxes with working sets generally from 1-3 reps. With competition calls.
Monday: Off.
Tuesday: Off.

If I had time to fit in an extra training session I would but it's because of work that I can't. Not a recovery issue.

Squats and bench to a max 5x pe week and deads 3x

Day 1- Squat, dead, row, sprint
2- Bench, pull ups, clean to press, dips
3- off
4- repeat 1
5- repeat 2
6- off
7- begin again

Mon - Stronglifts 5x5
Tue - Tempo run approx 10km & Jujitsu on alternate weeks
Wed- Stronglifts 5x5
Thu - Track repeats approx 6km
Fri - Stronglifts 5x5 & Jujitsu on alternate weeks
Sat - Parkrun 5k or rest if I'm doing a running event on the Sunday
Sun - Long Run 16km+ & Jujitsu

Whenever I can fit it in around children/work/dogs/my illness/disabled parent/household jobs/etc! It's a wonder I ever manage to do anything at all to be honest :lol:

Train daily sometimes twice, odd day off, listen to my body!

I do a workout every other day for about an hour and a bit at the gym. On the days in between I do a thirty minute core workout and some push ups. I will take the odd day off from this if I'm feeling shattered.

No rest days for me bro, just give a 110 percent all year round, crossfit doesn't have rest days brah it's a life style

Monday - Back workout including Deadlifts & PullUps , a few accessories depending on availability as I am at PG and its always busy
Tuesday - Chest - incline bench, dips and flies with a few accessories as above
Wednesday - Legs & Shoulders - Hack Squat or Leg Press, OHP and bar bell shoulder shrugs
Thursday - See Monday
Friday - See Tuesday
Saturday - Triceps
Sunday - Day of rest.

Every day currently.
Don't think it is at the same intensity as some. But I just feel I should do something each day rather than nothing.

2 sessions a day 3pm and 10pm
hit whatever muscle group isn't sore,

rest day happens when I crash, sometimes I train through it, sometimes I take the day off.

It's too much for some, but it keeps me right in the head so its just right for me.

2 sessions a day 3pm and 10pm
hit whatever muscle group isn't sore,

rest day happens when I crash, sometimes I train through it, sometimes I take the day off.

It's too much for some, but it keeps me right in the head so its just right for me.
Wish I wasnt in the office every day so I could do exactly this. I'm on your FB page and was hoping for a FB Q&A right now haha - hope you can answer whenever you have the time; I've been "bulking" recently and have made the strength gains I want to make, of course I would like to continue but I do want to make a cut now beforebulk again - what is the best way to reduce bodyfat while keeping as strong as possible? What type of lifts should I be doing / in conjunction with what diet?

Appreciate you dont have to answer so appreciate any help - think you know who I am btw, my names dave (obviously) and you asked me at goals t a footy day if KA was my sister

In an ideal week:

Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - Legs & shoulders
Wednesday - Upper body
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Cardio
Saturday - Run/long walk
Sunday - Rest/long walk

It doesn't always happen but I try to make sure I exercise on 4 days. Sometimes if I can't be arsed with the gym I'll walk home from work instead (about 6.5 miles), just anything to be active.

Mon: Upper power
Tue: Lower power
Wed: Off
Thur: Lower Hypertrphy
Fri: Upper Hypertrophy

Thats the aim anyway, quite often work gets in the way though so I have to get creative/ skip leg day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back