Training and High Performance

Joebaker1

Goalkeeper
I'm really hoping Mike Dodds does not pass comment about how well we have trained etc at his forthcoming presser this week or at any point during the rest of the season.
I'm at the stage where I'm thinking this "high performance culture" that we hear
about so often, can only be instilled by someone who has operated at a high level either as a coach or as a player and a coach over a sustained period.Steve Cooper and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer meet the brief. Mike Dodds and Will Still don't.
We are a club that needs a strong character at the helm. Someone who can instill high standards and maintain them. Not in the Academy teams or the U21s but in the first team.
Reid did it, Allardyce did it, Keane did it and to a certain extent so did Poyet. It can be done not in the same way they did it, but by someone who knows what high performance is, because they have already experienced it.

Last edited:

Enjoyed our second half performance against the league leaders last night. Considering we were missing players like Clarke, Roberts and Alese, we should have got something out of that game. Played some cracking stuff at times, battled and didn't give in.
Fully agree. We never really created a great chance so to speak but good pressure and a couple of decent long range shots. If the intensity could be recreated v lesser lights we could have a reasonable finish to the season

Enjoyed our second half performance against the league leaders last night. Considering we were missing players like Clarke, Roberts and Alese, we should have got something out of that game. Played some cracking stuff at times, battled and didn't give in.
I'm not sure we played any cracking stuff at all.
We were lost for the first 20 minutes, ok after that and better in the second half when we changed the shape
Hume clattered the cross bar and forced another save from their keeper.That was it.

I'm not sure we played any cracking stuff at all.
We were lost for the first 20 minutes, ok after that and better in the second half when we changed the shape
Hume clattered the cross bar and forced another save from their keeper.That was it.
Oh I thought we were right into them in the second half, I enjoyed it. Thought we deserved a goal.

Back