Train Strike

Murfster08

Reserve Squad
Just on booking a train for the Bristol City game and it says there is strike action on that date.

Any ideas when I would know if it will effect my train?

Just don't want to book it if I am going to end up driving.

Depends what rail company it is - the strikes are over three days with different companies affected.

So:

I'm glad I rarely travel away now, used to love it, but you knew the kick off time when you bought your ticket, you knew the train was going to run when you booked your ticket, then you just waited til the day....I mean this was nigh on 50 years ago ffs!
Football fans jump through hoops now
I used to work shifts, no problem, the K.O times were set in stone and it said what it was on your fixture list you got with your season ticket, all you had to mess about with were cup replays.
These days, its fine for the players and the TV, the supporters who they all supposedly pay lip service to as in...
"It wouldn't be football without the fans"
We all really ought to f.ook off for a couple of weeks to prove that saying correct, cos all this is total bllx

I'm glad I rarely travel away now, used to love it, but you knew the kick off time when you bought your ticket, you knew the train was going to run when you booked your ticket, then you just waited til the day....I mean this was nigh on 50 years ago ffs!
Football fans jump through hoops now
I used to work shifts, no problem, the K.O times were set in stone and it said what it was on your fixture list you got with your season ticket, all you had to mess about with were cup replays.
These days, its fine for the players and the TV, the supporters who they all supposedly pay lip service to as in...
"It wouldn't be football without the fans"
We all really ought to f.ook off for a couple of weeks to prove that saying correct, cos all this is total bllx
50 years ago I bet you drank in the Ozzie nite owl club?😀

How far in advance, do companies announce a strike day / engineering works on the line they run on?

Need to book Newcastle to London for end June ?

How far in advance, do companies announce a strike day / engineering works on the line they run on?

Need to book Newcastle to London for end June ?

They have to give a minimum of two weeks notice.

Engineeering works are announced further out

Last edited:

Back