Track and Trace app poll

Will you be downloading the Track and Trace app?

• Yes I'll download it

Votes: 104 30.9%
  • No I won't

Votes: 176 52.2%
  • Undecided as yet

Votes: 57 16.9%

• Total voters

That all seems very unsubstantiated to me. In a time when facts are of critical importance id like to see some actual evidence.

Do a director search yourself, it’s easy enough. In fact she became a director of two connected companies the same day.

You might also want to take a look at some of the other people involved in these companies.

Last edited:
Do a director search yourself, it’s easy enough. In fact she became a director of two connected companies the same day.

You might also want to take a look at some of the other people involved in these companies.
Sorry, I was asking for confirmation that idox were building the app. Everything I’ve seen previously was about a Swiss company.

Honestly don’t know

For weeks on here we've had posters telling us S Korea and Germany are the countries to follow - I think they could be correct - now we get the chance and internet fed, Icke like paranoia kicks in.

I give in too.

For weeks on here we've had posters telling us S Korea and Germany are the countries to follow - I think they could be correct - now we get the chance and internet fed, Icke like paranoia kicks in.

I give in too.
I think so too.

I’d say it’s less about paranoia, and more the straw that broke the camels back with regards to the accountability of the government

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, I would have voted yes last week. But I can no longer imagine a scenario where bad behaviour would lead to them thrown out. The bots have been out in force, the media have been aligned on it like never before, it’s just madness

I think so too.

I’d say it’s less about paranoia, and more the straw that broke the camels back with regards to the accountability of the government

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, I would have voted yes last week. But I can no longer imagine a scenario where bad behaviour would lead to them thrown out. The bots have been out in force, the media have been aligned on it like never before, it’s just madness

I have two close family members who are shielding - I want them to be safe - I don't give a fuck if Dominic Cummings sister knows if I'm scratching my arse.

I give in too.

Anything that is connected to a business that is connected to Cummings is a no, as a starter. TBH, why not use the google or Apple apps, they work, they're available...

An optimist in me says that because of the events leading up to this, that this app has to be completely transparent in whatever it does and function like the ones being used in other countries. Therefore, nobody could argue about its use as a life saving device.

My point isn’t new but surely people can understand why the British public are sceptical.

Anything that is connected to a business that is connected to Cummings is a no, as a starter. TBH, why not use the google or Apple apps, they work, they're available...

What did they use in Germany and S Korea?

How confident are you that all the other apps on your phone aren't compromised by nefarious companies or individuals?

Last edited by a moderator:

I give in too.
Have you not seen my posts about South Korea ;) Even if 100% of people who had a smart phone download the app we couldn't follow them in the same way. They abused the phone app far more than the UK public would allow and then they used card spend tracking and other stuff to trace peoples movements. They even released sensitive data that allowed people to be identified in some instances. As for Germany, I have shown part of the reason why they've had lower deaths etc and it wasn't all down to track and trace.

But aye, I do know how the app would be a great help as I've spouted plenty on here. Even if we had 100,000 manual tracers and billions of 5 minutes tests, people being traced may not be truthful and tell the tracers exactly where they've been for fear of being caught shagging their lasses sister or summit daft ;)

If absolutely everyone downloaded it, I still can't see how it can be effective based on the testing and tracing capabilities we have. They'd have to improve it dramatically before it's worthwhile.

Have you not seen my posts about South Korea ;) Even if 100% of people who had a smart phone download the app we couldn't follow them in the same way. They abused the phone app far more than the UK public would allow and then they used card spend tracking and other stuff to trace peoples movements. They even released sensitive data that allowed people to be identified in some instances. As for Germany, I have shown part of the reason why they've had lower deaths etc and it wasn't all down to track and trace.

But aye, I do know how the app would be a great help as I've spouted plenty on here. Even if we had 100,000 manual tracers and billions of 5 minutes tests, people being traced may not be truthful and tell the tracers exactly where they've been for fear of being caught shagging their lasses sister or summit daft ;)

To be fair this government seems to think what we don’t know won’t hurt us so we’ll be unlikely to be told how much they’re abusing the phone app although it’s a strong probability they will. They’re not the most truthful or transparent bunch and have just demonstrated their willingness to reinterpret guidance retrospectively to cover themselves . Nothing to stop the telling us one thing about how the app works and doing something different then telling us, when they’re caught out, that it was clearly always meant to work like that we had just misunderstood the rules yet again. On the whole I’m increasingly disinclinedto risk it. Think I’ll follow my instincts, use my common sense and assume my government will be lying again.

To be fair this government seems to think what we don’t know won’t hurt us so we’ll be unlikely to be told how much they’re abusing the phone app although it’s a strong probability they will. They’re not the most truthful or transparent bunch and have just demonstrated their willingness to reinterpret guidance retrospectively to cover themselves . Nothing to stop the telling us one thing about how the app works and doing something different then telling us, when they’re caught out, that it was clearly always meant to work like that we had just misunderstood the rules yet again. On the whole I’m increasingly disinclinedto risk it. Think I’ll follow my instincts, use my common sense and assume my government will be lying again.

I read that bit and it my head it was Captain Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean talking

Back